• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sighted in a Browning micro hunter this morning, with 35 grain hornady V max, it shoot groups that are so small that they are unbelievable. Also let a friend shoot a 9 mm carbine , is it just me or has the replacement cost of ammunition taken the fun out of shooting? What use to cost 18/20 bucks is now 60/75 bucks .

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Sighted in a Browning micro hunter this morning, with 35 grain hornady V max, it shoot groups that are so small that they unbelievable. Also let a friend shoot a 9 mm carbine , is it just me or has the replacement cost of ammunition taken the fun out of shooting? What use to cost 18/20 bucks is now 60/75 bucks .
    What caliber?? Would love to try some ultra lights out of my 5.56 1:12.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Loaded up 200 rounds of sub-sonic .300 BO. Getting good results and 100% suppressed functioning with Nosler 220gr CC bullets and 8.6grs AA#9.

Picked up two metal target stands from the welding shop today and made a couple PVC target stands in preparation for next weekends Night Vision Operator's Course... I'm hosting Jamey Caldwell from One Minute Out. Should be a lot of fun and very informative.

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Finally had time to cerakote ( air-cured ) the skeletonized build. I darkened up the Burnt Bronze by putting in a little bit of Glacier Black. It turned out pretty good. Got to wait until Monday to actually put it together.

Attachments

• File_000 (5).jpeg
      File_000 (5).jpeg
      527.3 KB · Views: 111

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I've cast so many bullets that I ran out of alloy mix for large caliber rolling blocks, so today I mixed up 50 more pounds of 20/1 alloy.

Have also been hand picking up cast bullets at the range (with friends' help) at the rate of a couple of pounds every week. Figure if the alloy was good/hard enough for casting one time, it ought to be good enough for me to recast (have not been picking up jacketed bullets, as their core is not hard alloy, but may start if I run out of soft stuff for my 20/1). Today I decided to melt it all down into ingots preparatory to recasting into hard bullets. Ended up with 37 pounds after casting. Dropped a couple of the resulting ingots onto concrete and they went "tink" instead of the soft lead "thunk". Also my thumbnail said they were hard.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I've cast so many bullets that I ran out of alloy mix for large caliber rolling blocks, so today I mixed up 50 more pounds of 20/1 alloy.

Have also been hand picking up cast bullets at the range (with friends' help) at the rate of a couple of pounds every week. Figure if the alloy was good/hard enough for casting one time, it ought to be good enough for me to recast (have not been picking up jacketed bullets, as their core is not hard alloy, but may start if I run out of soft stuff for my 20/1). Today I decided to melt it all down into ingots preparatory to recasting into hard bullets. Ended up with 37 pounds after casting. Dropped a couple of the resulting ingots onto concrete and they went "tink" instead of the soft lead "thunk". Also my thumbnail said they were hard.
    I've heard that aged bullets are actually harder? Anything to that? Thanks.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Daezee,
    I keep forgetting to bring you those other lead bullets. I'll remember one day
    I could also use one of those ladles for pouring lead into ingot moulds
    , not the small for pouring into a bullet mould. If we ever get up again.

Last edited:

Pappasmurf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I could also use one of those ladles for pouring lead into ingot moulds
    , not the small for pouring into a bullet mould. If we ever get up again.
    Hey brother, I believe all the ladles are gone, except for the little one. I might be able to bring it by tomorrow if you're up for it.

Top Bottom