• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    As with my (ex) 50Beowulf I used mags that were of lesser capacity because of my hunting style. My gun was a hog gun watching a trail,road crossing,from a small tent blind,or ladder stand.
    I found no need to have more than 5 shots TOTAL,in my gun so I used smaller mags. Instead of using a steel 20 that held 7 I used a 10 that held 4. They were somewhat shorter and allowed the gun to ballence better and felt even more compact.
    After watching your inputs re. a 450B pistol,I just might put one together. I have a spare complete pistol lower with $300 worth of "good stuff" installed in it. --- SAWMAN

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    As with my (ex) 50Beowulf I used mags that were of lesser capacity because of my hunting style. My gun was a hog gun watching a trail,road crossing,from a small tent blind,or ladder stand.
    I found no need to have more than 5 shots TOTAL,in my gun so I used smaller mags. Instead of using a steel 20 that held 7 I used a 10 that held 4. They were somewhat shorter and allowed the gun to ballence better and felt even more compact.
    After watching your inputs re. a 450B pistol,I just might put one together. I have a spare complete pistol lower with $300 worth of "good stuff" installed in it. --- SAWMAN
    Great, get the 10.5 and work up some loads for it!! I have some extra followers for the gi mags. File and fit.. i have a pile of 45 colt bullets. Will use the smaller mags for hunting. I wanted a side charger but I got a super deal from war buff on the zip stick. Also some great extras. I have an extra side charger upper, may swap it.

Last edited:

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Hunting/gun related, picked up this today. Honda 4 trax. Dinosaur, has a kick start. Rough looking but runs great. Needs some tlc.

I have the same one - gave it to my dad and it has sat in his barn for 2 years unused -kickstarted it last week with 2 strokes. Front brake was stuck on the front right wheel, but ran great other than that. Didn’t have time to fix the brake.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I shot my new gun.
    Should have researched how to aim with its sights but also had trouble because I was used to the sights on a different gun.
    I have 5 bullets left and cannot and will not find good priced ammo for a while ( my local manufacturer says because all will be focusing on 9mm not 380 acp. )

I am not a good/natural shooter.
    Feel dejected about it.
    I guess will have to practice hard to get decent at something that I love and wish I had better skills.

/rant.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I have the same one - gave it to my dad and it has sat in his barn for 2 years unused -kickstarted it last week with 2 strokes. Front brake was stuck on the front right wheel, but ran great other than that. Didn’t have time to fix the brake.
    Don't know much about 4 wheelers. Seems to run drive good. Plastic is all screwed up, front brake is shot. Don't know if i made a mistake getting this. I'm good with motorcycles so I should be ok.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I shot my new gun.
    Should have researched how to aim with its sights but also had trouble because I was used to the sights on a different gun.
    I have 5 bullets left and cannot and will not find good priced ammo for a while ( my local manufacturer says because all will be focusing on 9mm not 380 acp. )

I am not a good/natural shooter.
    Feel dejected about it.
    I guess will have to practice hard to get decent at something that I love and wish I had better skills.

/rant.
    Just remember that your average target will be 5'10", so dont sweat the small stuff. Go have fun with it

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Today I found plenty of ammo at the Gulf Coast Guns store on 90. They even had multiple bulk ammo spam cans of new Red Army 7.62x39, for only $220 a can! If I remember right the math came out to like $6 a box of 20, and considering it came in it's own ammo can, that's a pretty good deal. That's only about $40 more than what Walmart had on their bulk spam cans a few years ago. When I worked there they were losing money on ammo as a "loss leader" to get you in to see the other general merchandise that was marked up like 90%. So $220, given inflation and a retail gun store setting, is not bad at all. There's only maybe a $20 mark up for the election/riots/plandemic.

Last edited:

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just remember that your average target will be 5'10", so dont sweat the small stuff. Go have fun with it
    Thank you.
    I am also having trouble with eyes getting old.
    Near sightedness, so I have trouble due to lack of experience.
    I used to have perfect vision.
    If any of you have any tips ( should I really spend $500 on a red dot? ) or share your experience when your eyes gave up on you, I appreaciate.

I think I just suck but I will remember your advice.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Thank you.
    I am also having trouble with eyes getting old.
    Near sightedness, so I have trouble due to lack of experience.
    I used to have perfect vision.
    If any of you have any tips ( should I really spend $500 on a red dot? ) or share your experience when your eyes gave up on you, I appreaciate.

I think I just suck but I will remember your advice.
    Everybody I saw at my last steel plate shoot who had a red dot reflex sight on a pistol was missing and hating life. Acquire the front sight, put it on target and then let both eyes open. Muscle memory and hand/eye coordination will take over from there. If you need a high visibility front sight it's hard to go wrong with a bright light gathering fiber optic set up. For low light conditions I'd rather have a light/laser combo backed up by Trijicon glow in the dark sights. Maybe a compromise would be a fiber optic front sight with a dab of glow in the dark paint on top? If it's stupid but works then it's not stupid. My buddy Charles wears glasses and he painted his M9 sights with glow in the dark paint and swore by it

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If TRUGLO offers their TFO model for your gun,take a look at these.
    Very bright fiber optic in the daylight,trijicon glow for the low light conditions
    Great sights for my Glock 20 hunter. --- SAWMAN

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    And here comes the frankenbuild guy, lumber marker....99 cent fix.

Attachments

• 20200608_163835.jpg
      20200608_163835.jpg
      990.5 KB · Views: 102
    • 20200608_163753.jpg
      20200608_163753.jpg
      819.3 KB · Views: 93
    • 20200608_163708.jpg
      20200608_163708.jpg
      799.8 KB · Views: 100

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    DAMN James !! Take them grips off of that gun before it refuses to shoot anymore. Order some of the origional wood with Ruger logo,from Ruger for $34. Don't try to sneek them black plastic ones back on there . . . the gun will know.
    Thanks ---- SAWMAN

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    DAMN James !! Take them grips off of that gun before it refuses to shoot anymore. Order some of the origional wood with Ruger logo,from Ruger for $34. Don't try to sneek them black plastic ones back on there . . . the gun will know.
    Thanks ---- SAWMAN
    Vintage - Heaters shooting stars. I got big hands! I bought a ruger wood set from a member here. Thanks John!!

Top Bottom