• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Please don't make me have "new reloader envy" when I come over.
    Better have the coffee ready also.
    REMEMBER - -> I got powders . . ! . . lots and lots of powders. --- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    hmmm, I guess my reloading setup in the garage wouldn’t impress anyone. You guys have some nice reloading rooms. I’m envious!

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I went to the shit show... I mean gun show. Not much ammo, only reloading supplies were ludicrously priced ($125 for 1k SPPs). Super crowded at 10am. Lots of dealers with guns that were priced at or above MSRP. Not many private sellers there looking for trades.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Here is my reloading area, which is just a makeshift enclosure in the garage. Most of my brass & bullets are stored in another area. It's a bit full with 4 presses set up, but since I'm the only one using it, it works out fine. Work bench extends out of sight on the left side of the photo. Portable A/C and heat make it bearable year 'round.
    ReloadingRoom1.jpg

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I've got one but am still learning how not to destroy cases. Lee loadmaster, very involved. Should have gotten a simpler turret press.
    Note, when you have it set "right" and loaded with shells,primers,bullets, powder ya pull the handle 5 times and a bullet falls out. After that every pull a loaded bullet falls out. Ive successfully made .45 colts on it so far about + 200 and shor em all quicker than I made em, lol. Its a real work of art. BUT ITS FINIKEY.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Note, when you have it set "right" and loaded with shells,primers,bullets, powder ya pull the handle 5 times and a bullet falls out. After that every pull a loaded bullet falls out. Ive successfully made .45 colts on it so far about + 200 and shor em all quicker than I made em, lol. Its a real work of art. BUT ITS FINIKEY.
    I've never used the Loadmaster, but I used 2 Lee Pro 1000 Progressives (the presses that people love to hate) for about 30 years....loaded a LOT of ammo during those years. I still have one on the bench, and I donated the other to a friend.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    How long does it take to reload a box of 50?just to get an idea.
    I've never really timed it or been in a hurry, but most progressive presses are capable of producing "several" hundred rounds per hour, so if it's already set up and adjusted for the desired caliber, 50 rounds should only take a few minutes. Of course a single stage would take considerably longer than a progressive.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For the uninitiated, Production time is more involved than just pulling the lever at the Press Single Stage or Progressive. There's case prep time (*) before you pull the handle: clean/tumble cases, clean primer pocket, inspect (in/out/pocket), measure/trim length, camfer case mouth/deburr, some folks hand prime off Press, case lube for non carbide dies. During Press work there's inspection (dies tight, production step in spec, add components). After Press work there's lube removal, final inspection and primer/bullet sealant application if desired.

(*) All Steps may not be required, depending on the batch of cases your reloading.

There was a time where reloading was either to tailor cartridges to you needs or a matter of your time vs cost savings. Ammo availability "was" only a concern for hard to find, wildcat or obsolete cartridges and Preppers. With the current craziness, availability has become a higher concern. Demand for factory ammo drives up factory production rates which can impact some reloading component availability.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For the uninitiated, Production time is more involved than just pulling the lever at the Press Single Stage or Progressive. There's case prep time (*) before you pull the handle: clean/tumble cases, clean primer pocket, inspect (in/out/pocket), measure/trim length, camfer case mouth/deburr, some folks hand prime off Press, case lube for non carbide dies. During Press work there's inspection (dies tight, production step in spec, add components). After Press work there's lube removal, final inspection and primer/bullet sealant application if desired.

(*) All Steps may not be required, depending on the batch of cases your reloading.

There was a time where reloading was either to tailor cartridges to you needs or a matter of your time vs cost savings. Ammo availability "was" only a concern for hard to find, wildcat or obsolete cartridges and Preppers. With the current craziness, availability has become a higher concern. Demand for factory ammo drives up factory production rates which can impact some reloading component availability.

Yep, reloading is a process over several days or weeks. To take dirty once fired brass to a finished product depending on the caliber and whether case prep is needed and how much case prep is needed, I simply look at the reloading bench and do a step here or there getting most things ready to load. Then one day, I'll say I will load some up and put them away for later use.

I just have a single stage press. To crank out large quantities of pistol or say .223 rounds it's a labor of love!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Prepped some 6.5C brass today. Mine is the small rifle edition from Starline so I used my CCI450 primers.
    All the brass came very close to the Indicated 1.920" so did not have to trim.
    This pic of the 6.5PRC next to the 6.5Creedmoor is why the PR
    20200823_134031.jpg
    20200820_155023.jpg
    C will give you another 200-250fps,even with the heavier bullets.
    And this gun is my 6.5C after installing the scope. ---- SAWMAN

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Prepped some 6.5C brass today. Mine is the small rifle edition from Starline so I used my CCI450 primers.
    All the brass came very close to the Indicated 1.920" so did not have to trim.
    This pic of the 6.5PRC next to the 6.5Creedmoor is why the PR View attachment 90311 View attachment 90312 C will give you another 200-250fps,even with the heavier bullets.
    And this gun is my 6.5C after installing the scope. ---- SAWMAN
    Nice glass! I just did about 500 cases of 300 blackout and EVERY single one fell into spec so I didn't have to trim a single one. It was kinda nice.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Did a trade deal from 1,200 miles away. Did I mention I have the best bride ever? BCA side charger! 5.56 / 1:8. Got some ideas for a cool project when I get home. Bushmaster micro pistol maybe? Still got a month to think about it and order parts.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0(5).jpg
      imagejpeg_0(5).jpg
      72.9 KB · Views: 94
    Reactions: FLT
    Top Bottom