Patriot Mobile

What Determines Your Interest in a Certain Firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    honestly, like anything else, looks play a big factor in stirring my interest. Ammo cost, functionality (I'm a self admitted paper puncher), reliability, and ability to customize to suit my interests/needs all weigh in my interest for purchase. I dont follow the rule that it has to cost an arm and a leg to be a good firearm. Popularity costs money, but then again theres USUALLY a reason something is popular, whatever.

I like knowing the history of a weapon, I tend to like what I refer to as "battlefield" rifles most, just something I noticed. AK, AR, SKS, mosin nagant, CETME, etc. There's a reason they're implemented on the battlefield. I've also gathered quite a few shotguns which I hadnt realized until recently.

I guess I really just like em all!!!

Longbow14

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    History is one of my main loves for arms in general from bows and swords to guns. so guns with history and unique impacts of the guns after (mauser actions) are very cool. then fit, function, and value. best bit of advice "guns don't loose value."

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    best bit of advice "guns don't loose value."

I used to spend THOUSANDS of dollars a year modifying cars. Had one of the "faster" cars in town for a few years, was really really fun. Lost my ass on every single one of them. Finally figured it out. Love spending money, but hate throwing it away.

Austin01WS6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ksenter... I know exactly what you mean. ^^^ Now I'm saving my pennies to be fast again just in something else.

PS still want the grips should be over your way this weekend.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The key word for me is "interest" and that really covers what I do. Having be immersed in firearms for a mere four decades, I have found firearms that suit every actual need I have. I and also kept a few for sentimental reasons and will pass them on. So as I said before; unless they start selling laser or pulse weapons: I don't "need" anything.

I do find Small Arms fascinating! It is more the mechanical beauty: simple or complex that calls to me. The specifications don't normally wow me. It is the uniqueness of the interface of parts that give function to the whole. Samples: the loading of a 30-40 krag, the cam action bolt of the Schmidt-Rubin, the action of a Webley-Fosbery automatic revolver. Remington Mdl Elliot Derringer, Liberator .45ACP, The folding knuckleduster knife/revolver, Gyrojet pistol, Sig44 Krummlauf barrel.

Variants of the same old thing are dull. I understand "pretty" guns and but there is no appeal for me to have one. I will never touch much less own all the firearms I find interesting but I will enjoy each one and discover more every day.

WR

Last edited:

Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The key word for me is "interest" and that really covers what I do. Having be immersed in firearms for a mere four decades, I have found firearms that suit every actual need I have. I and also kept a few for sentimental reasons and will pass them on. So as I said before; unless they start selling laser or pulse weapons: I don't "need" anything.

I do find Small Arms fascinating! It is more the mechanical beauty: simple or complex that calls to me. The specifications don't normally wow me. It is the uniqueness of the interface of parts that give function to the whole. Samples: the loading of a 30-40 krag, the cam action bolt of the Schmidt-Rubin, the action of a Webley-Fosbery automatic revolver. Remington Mdl Elliot Derringer, Liberator .45ACP, The folding knuckleduster knife/revolver, Gyrojet pistol, Sig44 Krummlauf barrel.

Variants of the same old thing are dull. I understand "pretty" guns and but there is no appeal for me to have one. I will never touch much less own all the firearms I find interesting but I will enjoy each on and discover more every day.

WR

Cool Post.

Top Bottom