• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 24/7 Hooker

Your Crash is my Cash
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    My $.02 is be leery of a WTS / WTB a firearm post from someone that is their only post

True. When i first got here still tech (new) tried to get the feel and establish myself. Some of the old timers posts would say they wouldnt even sell to someone who was new to the forum. To each his own. Generational gaps can be filled with common hobbies and interests.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I just want to buy milsurps. I’m crying so bad right now Dog, I don’t mean to be so sketchy!
    Bummer I hurt your feelings, DAMN, I thought 601's were tougher.
    Not sure what generation milsurps you are looking for ?
    But good luck in your search , and ;) a thumbs up for putting your location in your on screen profile. As you search notice how many old and new don't

SUPERLITE69

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bummer I hurt your feelings, DAMN, I thought 601's were tougher.
    Not sure what generation milsurps you are looking for ?
    But good luck in your search , and ;) a thumbs up for putting your location in your on screen profile. As you search notice how many old and new don't
    Looking for 1880-1945 period guns.

Appreciate the well-wishes. Meeting up with a user tomorrow and hopefully gonna get a rifle off of on of the moderators here shortly thereafter.

Thanks for the thumbs up, although the wink makes me think you might be facetious, lol.

Edit: I’ve thought on it some and i guess you’re just being rude for no reason. I’m kind of baffled about it. Not sure why it matters that I’m new, or that you know I live in a town with 20,000 people.

Last edited:

Pensacola Joe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Well I guess I fall into a hybrid area. I am new to this forum but not to Florida. Been here twenty years. But I am old an new to technology based things. I just got my first smart phone this year! I am a long time firearm enthusiast and collector. I see growth as a good thing for this forum. New blood means more opportunity to buy and sell and make connections. For me it is not all about buying and selling as I really just enjoy conversation and connecting with like minded folks. If anyone needs to talk or have some listen to them vent just contact me. I am always available to help.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Edit: I’ve thought on it some and i guess you’re just being rude for no reason. I’m kind of baffled about it. Not sure why it matters that I’m new, or that you know I live in a town with 20,000 people.
    I don't read it as being rude. The guys that have been on here for a while with a lot of feedback often know each other in real life too. Id buy from most of them with confidence even If I have never worked with them before. Its newer accounts that I'm generally more careful with.

The forum is free to join, so we get our fair share of new accounts that are nothing more than scammers... the fact that you put a location helps mitigate the risk of that. In general, scammers don't bother putting extra information in. :)

Location helps determine if I should bother message you for a $400 Glock if you live 600 miles away from me. ;)

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Maybe I just misunderstood it. Happens to everyone I suppose
    Its all good. Can't wait to see your reviews of whatever cool milsurps you get. The older guys on here usually jump on with interesting comments and can help avoid mistakes.

I picked up a K98 a while back and man am I glad for "most" of the advice I got here. :)

SUPERLITE69

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its all good. Can't wait to see your reviews of whatever cool milsurps you get. The older guys on here usually jump on with interesting comments and can help avoid mistakes.

I picked up a K98 a while back and man am I glad for "most" of the advice I got here. :)

Haven’t gotten around to getting a K98 yet because I’m picky. I want a prewar secret coded standard model from either Mauser or JP Sauer.

I’ve got 2 WTB posts but no bites yet. Id like to get a Carcano or Arisaka or a Romanian VZ24, or anything Hungarian next.

Forums tend to be vast bastions of information though, so I hope to rub elbows with fellows who can elucidate on any questions I might have

jugdish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Am a relative newbie.
    I'll tell you what's up with me.
    Was in the Airforce for many Years. I "retired" in Colorado.(where I enlisted), But Colorado is now a HyperLib state. anti-gun, pro-Covid lockdowns, anti-homeschool, pro-BLM Imagine a state that is being run by a gay married Hyper liberal Governor, with a massive amount of California implants. (I always knew California would sink Colorado)
    So we started looking to move.. For me it was gonna be Florida, South Dakota, or Tennessee.
    Wife is allergic to cold and loves the beach... So here I am.
    Edited for language.
    Moved here from CO a little while ago for most of the same reasons. Homeschooled & raised our family there & still miss it most days. I then have to remind myself why we left.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I won't mention any names, and I haven't left any negative feedback, and I'm going to drop it right here, but I wish Some (not all) of the newbies were men of their word, their word is their bond, like the old established members that I do business with on here are.

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Haven’t gotten around to getting a K98 yet because I’m picky. I want a prewar secret coded standard model from either Mauser or JP Sauer.

I’ve got 2 WTB posts but no bites yet. Id like to get a Carcano or Arisaka or a Romanian VZ24, or anything Hungarian next.

Forums tend to be vast bastions of information though, so I hope to rub elbows with fellows who can elucidate on any questions I might have
    Bro there are so many big words in this that I can’t even, you CANT be from the south ! Elucidate ??????

SUPERLITE69

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bro there are so many big words in this that I can’t even, you CANT be from the south ! Elucidate ??????
    I’ll bite. I have a phobia of being written off due to my accent, and have struggled with it since I was a child. I just work really hard to talk clearly and without an overtly noticeable southern accent when possible.

I try to make my written words accurately reflect my verbal speech patterns.

Maybe I’m just silly.

I am from coastal Mississippi, though.

Top Bottom