Well we all knew this day was coming……..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Article 5, constitutional convention is still there correct?
    Yes, a Constitutional convention still appears legally possible. There's an effort that has been underway for a while; it takes 34 states to make it happen.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yes, a Constitutional convention still appears legally possible. There's an effort that has been underway for a while; it takes 34 states to make it happen.
    Well that's out the window. Hell you can barely get 4 to agree on anything. Unless we can figure out a way for the governors to get an insane payday and free trips to pedo Island.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well that's out the window. Hell you can barely get 4 to agree on anything. Unless we can figure out a way for the governors to get an insane payday and free trips to pedo Island.
    Yeah, I tried to keep my reply short, but the reality is, by far, the majority of states are so beholden to the federal government that there is a 99.9% likelyhood they will never defy their benefactors/masters. Muh highway money, muh "improvement" money, muh law enforcement money...

Money. What state will risk that? Not 34, IMO, right now. Not without a significant, maybe catastrophic, event(s) that forces the bought-and-paid-for into a now or never, snap decision. Not "winning" circumstances, IMO.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yeah, I tried to keep my reply short, but the reality is, by far, the majority of states are so beholden to the federal government that there is a 99.9% likelyhood they will never defy their benefactors/masters. Muh highway money, muh "improvement" money, muh law enforcement money...

Money. What state will risk that? Not 34, IMO, right now. Not without a significant, maybe catastrophic, event(s) that forces the bought-and-paid-for into a now or never, snap decision. Not "winning" circumstances, IMO.
    Yep, a failure of our Fed reserves version of bitcoin would do it. Fake money.

Hank62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't find it now, but a constitutional lawyer (Chris-Anne Hall) was going through the laws that have been built around this now. A constitutional convention is available, but according to her, the congress has written laws that basically says that Congress would control it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gumby Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Label the cartels as terrorists and let's go to work doing what we just trained to do for over 20 years all across the Middle East desert. It's just a different desert and a different language, and other than that, no difference. The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist. The GWOT has come here to hit us at home. We should handle it accordingly

View attachment 223893
    All that’s needed is for PUFF to be on guard and let him clear his throat ever so often. Those mini guns don’t play around

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If the feds won't secure it the people should damn well be able to without reprecussion.
    You would think... I'd go as far as assuming was maybe once permissible(?). Problem is, we allowed "representatives" to enact law upon law, the entire time assuming that what becomes law is automatically Constitutional. Not so....

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    You would think... I'd go as far as assuming was maybe once permissible(?). Problem is, we allowed "representatives" to enact law upon law, the entire time assuming that what becomes law is automatically Constitutional. Not so....
    I'm willing to be 80% of the "laws" are just prostitution.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm willing to be 80% of the "laws" are just prostitution.
    Yeee-up. I sure won't take that bet.

Ignorance abounds. All most need to hear/see is, "It's The Law," and it's all over, surrender complete. If anyone dares question or make an issue about Constitutionality of a law, it'll take 20-30 years, best case, for the "supreme" court to even decide whether they'll hear the complaint, or not. It gets better. The entire time, that "law" will be enforced, and penalties handed down, by a system full of those who profess to have sworn a Constitutional oath. Wait, what?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yeee-up. I sure won't take that bet.

Ignorance abounds. All most need to hear/see is, "It's The Law," and it's all over, surrender complete. If anyone dares question or make an issue about Constitutionality of a law, it'll take 20-30 years, best case, for the "supreme" court to even decide whether they'll hear the complaint, or not. It gets better. The entire time, that "law" will be enforced, and penalties handed down, by a system full of those who profess to have sworn a Constitutional oath. Wait, what?

And, by the time the SCOTUS hears the case, there’s “common practice” considerations that built up while the Unconstitutional law was being enforced.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And, by the time the SCOTUS hears the case, there’s “common practice” considerations that built up while the Unconstitutional law was being enforced.
    Almost like they have it all figured out, isn't it. But, but, but. I'm a citizen, too. I'm one of you. I live here, too....

Latest posts

Top Bottom