• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It appears that people are becoming to depend it on technology. I just went to Lowe’s in pace to copy a master lock key. I can imagine there are only about 1 trillion master locks out in the world. Guy at the key cutting machine take my key, Scans it and tells me it’s not a key in inventory. I mentioned its a master lock key he did not have any indication that mean anything. Has to be a computer problem but I guess if you can’t copy the most popular key in North America you might better just close down your key cutting machine. Off to Home Depot…

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    It appears that people are becoming to depend it on technology. I just went to Lowe’s in pace to copy a master lock key. I can imagine there are only about 1 trillion master locks out in the world. Guy at the key cutting machine take my key, Scans it and tells me it’s not a key in inventory. I mentioned its a master lock key he did not have any indication that mean anything. Has to be a computer problem but I guess if you can’t copy the most popular key in North America you might better just close down your key cutting machine. Off to Home Depot…
    Go see Clark's Lock and Safe, on Bell Lane, a hundred yards south of 90, between Lowes and Walmart

hia1thealt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That's sad! He probably can't make change either without the register telling him. You're right, we're too dependent on technology (myself included).

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Can't even make a key anymore. They stick it in a slot in an automatic machine. I cut keys for 10 years by hand and can rekey most basic locks. Those machines cut keys way too fast. Hard on equipment and can cause accuracy issues. I was taught that you make a copy of a copy 10 times your machine is set right. I doubt these new ones can do that.

Always take your original to make a copy when you can. Best shot.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought a door lock at Lowes in Gulf Breeze recently and wanted it coded to the same key as my other lock. Guy there siad come back tomorrow, nobody in the store could do it and "the guy" who does that will "probably" be in then. I also left there and went to HD

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Can't even make a key anymore. They stick it in a slot in an automatic machine. I cut keys for 10 years by hand and can rekey most basic locks. Those machines cut keys way too fast. Hard on equipment and can cause accuracy issues. I was taught that you make a copy of a copy 10 times your machine is set right. I doubt these new ones can do that.

Always take your original to make a copy when you can. Best shot.
    That's hard core! Who did you work for?

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I bought a door lock at Lowes in Gulf Breeze recently and wanted it coded to the same key as my other lock. Guy there siad come back tomorrow, nobody in the store could do it and "the guy" who does that will "probably" be in then. I also left there and went to HD
    Lmao... my first thought was "What the heck does Harley Davidson have to do with making keys..." I'm surprised the Home Depot didn't do an "orange man" parody TV spot with Trump. I've had bad key experiences at Lowes, Home Despot and Ace's/Hall's in Milton. Only local professional locksmiths have done me good. Clark's Lock and Safe is one (half a dozen times done me good, before and after Clark's changed ownership) and old man Kurt Uber (RIP). Anybody know if his daughter Naomi Uber is still making keys? All the machinery was still there last I checked

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    That's hard core! Who did you work for?
    Innerarity hardware. Now ace hardware. Just before the bridge going to Perdido key. Original owner was retired military and a machinist. I picked up on all of his good and bad traits.

Latest posts

Top Bottom