• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Beautiful!
    That's about how I'd set one up. My Zastava had the collapsible stock, which I loved because when all the way out, it fit me just right.
    Is that a WASR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Mr. Katanga

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dan have you ever had a sks or a mosin nagant? You can buy mosins by the crate and the ammo is cheap, you can have a rifle and a 440rd spam can of ammo for around 250 bucks, you can kill anything in North America with it, got about the same power as 7.62 Nato but about 1/4th the price.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you are referring to mine, thank you! It's a Norinco MAK90. It has an Ace stock and Ace receiver block, Midwest Industies rail, Tapco G2 trigger group, Hogue pistol grip and StormWerkz stock folding mechanism which I really like because it locks in both positions (and reversible for lefties). Oh, and a Gen I AFG.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    First long gun I ever bought was an SKS tacticooled it out and sold it. There's much to be said for having many many rounds on strippers, ready to go. I would have one again someday. Don't like Mosins, don't like trees on my guns period. I can tolerate them if they're gray or black wood though. No, actually, I love gray wood. They do have stocks for Mosins though, not sure why, they just never tickled me.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    If you are referring to mine, thank you! It's a Norinco MAK90. It has an Ace stock and Ace receiver block, Midwest Industies rail, Tapco G2 trigger group, Hogue pistol grip and StormWerkz stock folding mechanism which I really like because it locks in both positions (and reversible for lefties). Oh, and a Gen I AFG.

Yes, I like that. Great color! Lol.
    Great setup, I had a norinco SKS, it felt nice and solid, I like that.

Mr. Katanga

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im working on one that your not even gonna believe it was built in Russia in the 40s. Mine still have the 29" barrels but I put 250 rds of silver tip bulgy through mine yesterday and you really appreciate the wood stocks. They soak up the recoil really nice and its fun to watch the cosmoline cook out of one after you crank 40 or 50 rounds through it.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Im working on one that your not even gonna believe it was built in Russia in the 40s.
    Very cool, I can certainly appreciate that, I'd be too tempted to tacticool it and modernize it. Same reason I sold my 1917 1911, that and it didn't like hollow points. I said, "oh, it's not you, it's me" and sold it for 2k.

Mr. Katanga

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im gonna cut it down to about 18", thread it 14mm LH and put a 7.62 AK-74 style break on it. Then put a scout style scope on it with a bedded synthetic stock.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Im gonna cut it down to about 18", thread it 14mm LH and put a 7.62 AK-74 style break on it. Then put a scout style scope on it with a bedded synthetic stock.

You oughta try selling it in its original configuration. Just a thought.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    That will be fun! What you don't kill with the bullet you'll cook with the fireball.

Fun, for sure, but if a Gen 1 Glock is collectible, a 40's original AK has got to be worth some coin. Like it or not , it is one of the most important weapons mankind has ever designed.

Fishyfingers

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry, there was supposed to be a sarcastic tone imparted with that statement. To each his own. If Mr. Katanga wants to create a bubba-fied abortion of a Mosin-Nagant, of which there are literally millions, then that is his right. I personally can't fathom why a person would take a hacksaw to a 91/30 length barrel to make an 18" barrel when, for $150 or so, they could just buy an m44 with a 20" barrel with an intact and unmolested crown, thread it, install a muzzle device for the added unneccesary weight, and still glean the 2" of powder burn from the 7.62x54r cartridge.
    Many of these weapons we play with are simply relics. The technology has far surpassed their usefulness on a battlefield unless it is all you can find. In that case you are in trouble.

Fishyfingers

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As to the OP, Yes, WASRs are fine and still moderatly affordable AK variants. I've had 3, all ran flawlessly, were AK-accurate(2.5-4.5 inch groups at 100) and no/low maintenance. I sold all of them off at a profit but I kinda wish I had two of them back. If I had a choice between buying 2 WASRs or one Arsenal for the money I'm buying two WASRs(one for me and one for a trusted friend).

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    He's cutting a Mosin!
    That makes more sense. Sorry, I'm not very well versed in Russian stuff.

Mr. Katanga

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Prefer a black one but im gonna use a 10 rd x54r mag from a PSL. The magazines were the weak link on mosins and having a quick change mag would be nice.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Attachments

• archangel-mosin-nagant-stock.png
      archangel-mosin-nagant-stock.png
      49.6 KB · Views: 176
    Top Bottom