APOD Firearms

U.S. History, the dirt you probably don't know!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thought that was done by the NSA. Nothing on a smart phone or computer is really private.
    That was on old fashion stuff we now call Snail mail. NSA is just collecting "everything" in case they need it later. Unlike Google and all those "Cookies" you accept and Apps you download that "NEED to access everything on your device" to add a flashlight: collects everything to profit off YOU!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well there is the Ludlow Massicure
    I visited that site once when driving through colorado. There are lots of little things like that in our history. Relative to mining related gunfights there are others. but the worst are the mining disasters that claimed many more.
    In the Centralia mine disaster on March 25, 1947, the Centralia No. 5 coal mine exploded near the town of Centralia, Illinois, killing 111 people. ... At the time of the explosion, 142 men were in the mine; 65 were killed by burns and other injuries and 45 were killed by afterdamp.

1947 Centralia mine disaster - Wikipedia
    As I recall a mining inspector has tried to report thr conditions that led to the disaster, but the mine owners had more juice and no one paid any attention.
    Not american history, but a well known song about a mining disaster in Canada

Johnny Cash on mining

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really really wish I hadn’t of read this , I hope each and everyone of those men are in hell. There never seems to be a shortage of evil men thrilled to do the government evil on command. ( One man counted the bodies of nine little children, taken from one ashy pit, their tiny fingers burned away as they held to the edge in their struggle to escape ... thugs in State uniform hacked at the lifeless forms, in some instances nearly cutting off heads and limbs to show their contempt for the strikers. Fifty-five women and children perished in the fire of the Ludlow tent colony. Relief parties carrying the Red Cross flag were driven back by the gunmen, and for twenty-four hours the bodies lay crisping in the ashes, while rescuers vainly tried to cross the firing line.[35][36])

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really really wish I hadn’t of read this , I hope each and everyone of those men are in hell. There never seems to be a shortage of evil men thrilled to do the government evil on command. ( One man counted the bodies of nine little children, taken from one ashy pit, their tiny fingers burned away as they held to the edge in their struggle to escape ... thugs in State uniform hacked at the lifeless forms, in some instances nearly cutting off heads and limbs to show their contempt for the strikers. Fifty-five women and children perished in the fire of the Ludlow tent colony. Relief parties carrying the Red Cross flag were driven back by the gunmen, and for twenty-four hours the bodies lay crisping in the ashes, while rescuers vainly tried to cross the firing line.[35][36])
    The strikers were considered to be anarchists and the equivalent of communists and some were immigrants. Certainly not an excuse to kill whole families including the children. But things such as this do happen often committed by people thinking they are doing the right thing.
    Just think how much some democrats hate trump supporters and think how many Trumpers hate liberals. In a couple years I certainly hope things like that do not happen again in the USA. After ludlow there a huge outcry from left wing unionists that started grabbing guns and there was talk of retaliation over it.
    IIRC company gunmen were made part of the national guard and were supplied with military weapons, including at least one machine gun. After the miners were expelled from company housing they set up a tent city and had dug outs to protect the camp from bullets that were fired into the camp on a random basis.

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom