• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combatcarl43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought PCB stopped doing the spring break thing after those rapes in 18?
    was doing a family thing now. guess I was wrong.

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I feel fortunate to have no idea what you are talking about.

Was that a Conway, George or Waylon song?
    That is from a song called “Party Up” by DMX.

“Y'all gon' make me act a fool
    Up in here, up in here
    Y'all gon' make me lose my cool
    Up in here, up in here”

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was a s-i-t hole when I went in 1980 but I had something lined up. Was it worth it,yea but its a been there done that type of thing.
    I gotcha beat by a few years. I grew up in Panama City when it was a sleepy little town, and the beach hadn't even woke up yet. In the late '50's the gathering was called AEA (Alabama Educational Association.) The Alabama teachers had meetings and the mostly high school students came to the beach. The most unruly thing was the local teenagers played hookey and went to the beach to hang out and mingle. Sort of like that old movie "Where the Boys Are." That sure was a different time.

Combatcarl43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I gotcha beat by a few years. I grew up in Panama City when it was a sleepy little town, and the beach hadn't even woke up yet. In the late '50's the gathering was called AEA (Alabama Educational Association.) The Alabama teachers had meetings and the mostly high school students came to the beach. The most unruly thing was the local teenagers played hookey and went to the beach to hang out and mingle. Sort of like that old movie "Where the Boys Are." That sure was a different time.
    I mean it was a pretty small town when I was there in 18. Most of those "Youts" are from out of town.
    I was talking to a PCPD guy who was saying most of PCB's crime stats are just from Spring Break. And almost exclusively out of towners.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I mean it was a pretty small town when I was there in 18. Most of those "Youts" are from out of town.
    I was talking to a PCPD guy who was saying most of PCB's crime stats are just from Spring Break. And almost exclusively out of towners.
    Many of the people who I know that own stores/shops and the LE I know said last year was record setting for the BS from tourists. Got all that gov money to sit home and no job so they cut loose here... yay....

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Many of the people who I know that own stores/shops and the LE I know said last year was record setting for the BS from tourists. Got all that gov money to sit home and no job so they cut loose here... yay....
    I heard and experienced the same thing. So glad I don't do beach hotels anymore. I fill in sometimes, but nothing more. We actually lost the contract for the condo in Destin last year, and now the company that took over last year is losing that contract there too. Can't find anybody willing to put up with the BS

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    There used to be a place on the beach called “The Ease On Inn”, seems like it was between Petticoat Junction (where I worked one summer) and Miracle Strip Amusement Park.
    This was a great place to sit, drink beer and watch the traffic. The bar was a Tiki hut and the picnic tables and Adirondack chairs were right beside the two lane front beach road.
    One day a friend and I were there, sharing a pitcher and watching the bumper to bumper traffic.
    Most cars had their windows open.
    One passenger threw a wadded up McDonald’s sack out of the car window.
    A big biker dude sitting next to me jumped up, grabbed the sack and threw it back in the window while yelling “Keep your trash in your car”!
    The whole place cheered.
    This was around 1974 or 1975.
    The good ‘ol days.

Top Bottom