• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3154tm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i have called a couple close to me, Uber and Jim's, and they were $40 and $65 respectively. that seems a little rich to me or maybe i'm just out of touch. i was hoping to find something that had slipped under the google radar and was a little cheaper. in the past i used Jimmy at Coastal Gun and Ammo, great guy and only charge $15. unfortunately, he's closed his shop.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Carson's pawn shop. Pace Blvd. 30+5 for background. They are already loaded in a lot of vendors system. Ask me how I know. Lol

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    WHY not just call a few of the gun shops in your area and ask what they charge for an FFL transfer ??
    Somebody grumpy today!!!!

iu

And why ask you? Some people value time and efficiency. I prefer not to call 5 stores, 3 of which will give me a sales pitch or get the FNG dude on the phone who has no idea WTF I'm talking about. One place will want $100 bucks and then maybe find a reasonable one.

OP, Buck and Bass is pretty good. Not that best but they are ok when the young son isn't being a douche. They are like $40-45?

Pensacola Indoor Shooting Range is pretty good too, no douchy attitudes and about $40.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    i have called a couple close to me, Uber and Jim's, and they were $40 and $65 respectively. that seems a little rich to me or maybe i'm just out of touch. i was hoping to find something that had slipped under the google radar and was a little cheaper. in the past i used Jimmy at Coastal Gun and Ammo, great guy and only charge $15. unfortunately, he's closed his shop.
    I think $30-40 is the new $15-25 when it comes to FFL XFERs.

AK4774

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If it’s a long gun you can go to Foley or OBA and have transfer for 1/2 of what most in Fl charge and also save the $5 state extortion fee. Don’t the dealers in Fl call the same fbeye that dealer in Al calls?
    Here’s a few that are Reg with gb. If they are still in business. Looks like J, Irby is the best deal over there.
    46105464-CFB1-4849-A3A4-4021BB1BB9CF.png
    2329C7F2-2CDA-495F-8007-C7CC28E31280.png
    9B30E10D-93DC-4500-90FB-D508B550FA59.png
    A5A72619-860D-4467-A083-B33B80C78DBE.png

Last edited:

3154tm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thanks guys for all the great info! i think this might be a good time for me to make the journey out to milton and get to know the gun shops out there. i once bought a suppressor from little jacks and and doing business with nate was a great experience.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah unfortunately Little Jacks is OOB. USA Performance on Hwy 29 in Cantonment is GTG as well; I use him quite a bit, I think it's like $25-30ish. No drama at all there either; his info isn't in Gunbroker, hence the reason I use Pcola Indoor shooting for those. But most other places online (Buds, Kygunco, Battlehawk Armory, etc) have USA Performance FFL on file.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Like I said, I think $25 is plenty. It’s like 10 minutes work.
    IIRC, Nate used to charge $15.
    I also think that 25 is the number I'm looking for but if you look at the business side of it, is it worth the hassle?
    Lot of folks are 50 bucks now. Jim's charges 75 and will tell you they don't have time to fool with it.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I also think that 25 is the number I'm looking for but if you look at the business side of it, is it worth the hassle?
    Lot of folks are 50 bucks now. Jim's charges 75 and will tell you they don't have time to fool with it.
    I think a lot of shops just hope if they make it too expensive then you will buy from them.
    I can’t imagine that Jim’s is so busy that he can’t make $75 in 10 mins.
    But, my gun buying days are about over but I am thankful for people like Nate who kept his prices reasonable.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    No overhead and not a ton of money tied up in stuff I had to sell. It was easier to make $15 on a gun I had zero into than clearing the same amount after buying stock and dealing with sales tax.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    For anyone over my way (South Santa Rosa Co.), I highly recommend Chappy Tactical Firearms in Navarre. $30 including FDLE last time I checked.

Top Bottom