• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love how it can go places people including my wife says no it won’t make it. I put a winch on it and tried to stick it but when I put it in low range it just crawled up and out. I did stick it once thanks to the Reese hitch hitting. Put new springs and tires on and solved the problem. Factory leaf springs were worn out the 2” lift that was supposed to happen with the new springs turned out to be closer to 8” I just can’t take the rough ride anymore View attachment 129087

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh Hell Mark, keep the thing. You'll regret selling it for sure. You won't get the "Jeep Wave" any longer! A YJ is a CJ with some body changes. Both series are absolutely bulletproof. I understand getting tired of the rough ride but if it didn't ride rough, it wouldn't be a Jeep. I had my first Jeep when I was still in High School. It was an old WW2 Jeep and me and a friend were out mud riding with 2 girls. Johnny and his girl were in the back riding on the wheel well. She had on a red velvet pants suit (all right guys, go easy on me...it was the 60's) and was riding in his lap. I hollered at them to hold on, "It's going to get rough!" We got through the mud and when I looked back to ask them how they liked the ride, there was nobody there. I freaked out and spun around to go back. Came up on them and Johnny had almost no mud on him. The poor girl in the pants suit had wound up under him. There wasn't a spot that wasn't covered with Mississippi Delta wet gumbo mud. She was absolutely hysterical. Nobody was hurt but she was pissed at me. Of course when I stopped I bogged down. That's when we had to walk a mile back to get a tractor. Everybody was pissed at me the rest of the night. Only in a Jeep could you have that much fun!

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    IMG_5163.jpg

Finished putting this together. - My order from CCI came in and I made another order from Cryptic Coatings since their sale started today!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Very interesting:​

New Rolex Models Already Worth Way More Than Original Retail Prices​

"International demand for Rolex watches these past years is fueling this surge in prices because supply simply cannot keep up."

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

"International demand for Rolex watches these past years is fueling this surge in prices because supply simply cannot keep up."
    Everyone trying to hedge up against the inflation. Reminds me of the great quote from Greenspan, back before he sold out.

The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there be no way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves. This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists’ tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the “hidden” confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights. If one grasps this, one has no difficulty in understanding the statists’ antagonism toward the gold standard.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

The number of millionaires in China DOUBLED last year, thanks to Americans and other wealthy countries being on lockdown and online mail ordering crap. Millionaires gotta look the part, and their $10,000 is like $5 to us

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Everyone trying to hedge up against the inflation. Reminds me of the great quote from Greenspan, back before he sold out.

The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there be no way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves. This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists’ tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the “hidden” confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights. If one grasps this, one has no difficulty in understanding the statists’ antagonism toward the gold standard.
    Gold and other transferrable multi generational wealth, like a family estate built out of stone, concrete or brick, not trailers or single family wood 2x4 subdivision houses etc that rot. Imagine how much money your great-grandchildren will have if your kids and grandchildren never had a rent or mortgage payment. Now imagine 300 years of no rent or mortgage payment, with compounded interest over multiple lifetimes. Your whole extended family would be millionaires. Transferrable wealth. Empire building. Your family empire. Think about it. Quit buying junk at junk prices. Like Stanley tools versus Snap-On tools... and Rolex. Buy it once, for the rest of your life and your grandchildrens lives

Last edited:

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    My wife and I think we saw a wildcat in the back yard. It was either that or the biggest house cat I have ever seen. I couldn't get my phone in time to get any pictures. Have any of y'all seen any in the North Milton area?

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    My wife and I think we saw a wildcat in the back yard. It was either that or the biggest house cat I have ever seen. I couldn't get my phone in time to get any pictures. Have any of y'all seen any in the North Milton area?
    Yes. I got followed down Coldwater creek by a big cat about 10 years ago. From Hwy 4 down to the stables. Freaked me right out when my headlamp died as I was trying to keep an eye on him and watch for stumps in the water, too. Then the mist rose off the water and I pulled over for the night, not being able to see anymore. Don't think I've ever set up a tent in the dark so fast before in my whole life! Woke up to the sun heating up the tent... and a huge four legged shadow on the tent wall... I came out of that tent and gave somebody's dog the ass chewing of its life. Turns out that in the dark I'd gotten closer to the stables than I'd realized and I'd camped behind somebody else's campsite... oops. I threw that tent in the bottom of the boat and was gone in less than a minute, another record. Another land surveyor, my buddy Mike R. (who taught me to be a good eye man) got stalked as a boy up by the Alabama line. Him and all his cousins were playing with a ball at the woods line at the bottom of a hill. House with the family reunion was at the top of the hill... and the parents saw the cat in the grass getting closer to the kids and shot it from the top of the hill. My buddy Mike never saw it until the shot rang out. Plenty of big cats still out there.

Last edited:

Longtooth

Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I'm in a new build that backs up to woods, so I know there's plenty of wildlife... I have a game cam set up to keep an eye on my house, but Ill spin it around and hopefully I can catch him lurking. As more buildings go up, hopefully he moves on before more drastic measures need to be taken.

Hopefully The last of the underbrush on my land should be cleared out when I start working on my shop later this year and that should remove most of the nearby cover.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I'm in a new build that backs up to woods, so I know there's plenty of wildlife... I have a game cam set up to keep an eye on my house, but Ill spin it around and hopefully I can catch him lurking. As more buildings go up, hopefully he moves on before more drastic measures need to be taken.

Hopefully The last of the underbrush on my land should be cleared out when I start working on my shop later this year and that should remove most of the nearby cover.
    Hell no, he ain't going anywhere! The buffet has been set, and it's easy pickings time! Just wait for when the black bears start making your trash cans habitual

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    She only got $500? Ironic that the thief herself may have gotten robbed too.
    Officials say after investigating, they found Shanahan agreed to sell four different guns and nearly 300 rounds of ammunition for $500.

She’s facing multiple charges including grand theft of a firearm and dealing in stolen property, and was booked into the Bay County Jail.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger." The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you want to talk about?" "Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.
    "OK," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"
    The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which the little girl replied, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death, when you don't know crap?" And then she went back to reading her book.

Top Bottom