• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is times like these when you have the opportunity to teach kids basic life and survival skills they have previously taken for granted. Cooking, building, gardening are just a few. If you have to fix something, make sure the kids are there to see and participate. Get them digging and planting. Book learning only goes so far when SHTF.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’m sure I’m not the only parent on here and I’m fairly certain school is out for the year. Any ideas to help with teachable projects, what are y’all doing? My wife’s been sitting them down for an hour or two daily for math, reading, and writing lessons. We wake them up, get them fed, dressed, ready to go like we normally did. Only now they either stay with her or myself. We did a scavenger hunt the other day, where you had to add,, find shapes, or read a question to get the next clue. One example we had a clue “OakTree” and the next clue was on the big oak outback. I’ve gotten them active in our garden, and helping with chickens, my wife’s getting them to help bake cookies, teaching them about measurements, she has something set up with the computer I think to teach via internet. I bought a couple wooden build projects to let them build them for like a project, but I’m not good at lesson planning for something like science experiments, etc. and I don’t want this to negatively affect my kids future and thought if y’all have any ideas or things your doing, I’m open to suggestions. I mean we can’t go to the zoo, aquarium, museums, libraries, etc. so it’s on me to fill the void over the next 6 months. I might take the older two out for a canoe trip, or just a nature walk. Just looking for what others are doing. I can teach life skills but something like surface water tension I struggle to explain, I showed my kids that even something as heavy as an cast iron skillet could float, but I think I failed to explain clearly why it could. I know we all had that cool trick our grandpa would show us, well here is the time to pull it out of retirement.
    If theirs anything I can do to help another parent, just lmk.
    Sorry if i rambled and thanks for any input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect timing. Free webinar. Starts at 7:30pm tonight... so just over 2-hours from now. Looks like a registration is needed?
    Got the link from a friend who does homeschooling:

"Crash course for accidental homeschooling"

https://iew.com/events-classes/webi...6kukkmX4Md_LblgG2l0TgrefGoDCU2fEPB5ho0kXJZnfc

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you have internet capability there are resources for home schooling. There are a few that are non-profit ( may still charge fees). I'm sure the Feds are on this for the big picture. Bay County, Fl is doing some OnLine work but Kids without internet/computer of some type are SOL. The school was going to do "School in a bag" where weekly assignments and materials could be picked up each week. Grading/testing is the problem, not sure if there is progress with this.

When things clear up, I envision Testing Results will dictate grade placement; some will advance others won't and some will have lost skills retention and be set back. Give them the best shot at success you can.

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry I had to leave VBulletin for Xenforo. There was no choice. Once things clear out, I will open up suggestions or changes thread so we can make some tweaks.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This will be much more efficient for those using phones, tablets and similar. Thanks Texkev!

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry folks, web guy made a big mistake with a connection to the database, we just had to redo tons of things - sorry.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Light rain just started in Baker with line of thunderstorms not far behind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    In the past I've used Tapatalk for 75% of the forum browsing. The new website format is more simple but the app is nice too. Although recently you have to pay for certain "VIP" privileges that were free.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I may need to buy a safe for my toilet paper and paper towels stash. Seniors hour at Winn Dixie was great and they were pretty well stocked in Crestview's very clean store. Thank you for doing this!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Soooooo . . . you wait until the store is intentionally stocked with the people more likely to have CV than any other group of Americans. THEN . . . you walk right in. NEXT . . . you'll be asking them for New Yorkers.
    DAMN FRANK !!! --- SAWMAN

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    LOL. NO Sir, I went in as a Senior, which I am, and they were handing 1 pack out to each of us, I took a pack and was happy. Now I did not accept the paper towels offered as I got an order of them from Amazon already. The safe is because some, who might not prepare, might try to steal mine.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A lot of "Newbies" are hoping guns and ammo supplies get better. I would have said "supplies return to normal" but they don't have that experience being recent converts. Lol

I know a guy that wants some 6.5PRC if anyone around Bay County want to part with some. Not a newbie, just caught off guard.

Top Bottom