• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I read a bunch of articles about the WuFlu panic gun/ammo buying including the crazy increase sales percentages, some to near a 900% increase! Since most firearms savey folks secure what they need over time, these people might just be topping off or buying that special rig they've been putting off. I firmly believe past buying political panic was to buy it before you couldn't buy it anymore.

The WuFlu panic is different! These gun buying newbies are scared sh!tless of the impending crime/lawlessness and dysfunctional social/economic/supply that has great potential to surface and be around for awhile. They have been sold a Bill of Goods that Fed/State gov and all the levels of LE will protect them and care for them, guns are evil and "nobody needs a gun" except the Military and LE. These are the same idiots (lib/dem/rep) that have fought against your gun Rights and are still supporting anti-gun politicians and policies. Yet when fear drives the reality of truth: there they are standing in line to buy a gun, complaining about paperwork, background checks and waiting periods. They buy whatever the sales person pitches within their budget and get a two minute education on how it works and told to read the owners manual. These same people would have stripped your Rights pushed Bans and clap at confiscations. I don't welcome these 11th hour converts. They may only "see the light" and want to safeguard what they own while still trying to push other types of guns off the cilff and we have enough hunt only types only caring about their rice bowl.

I don't know if any Mfrs/NRA are still doing the free one year membership, might help reinforce the newbie to a "new normal" life with guns.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Decided I'm going to take a WuFlu mental health day or two off from the News and other sources. Tired of being pounded with the gloom and doom. Only news I need now is when the Boil Water Notice expires.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    So when do you think Martial Law will be implemented? will active duty be used also? Lots of military equipment being moved around, Guards are being put on notice, Docs and nurses getting orders, will it go further?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went to NSA the other day. Security is doing "No touch ID Checks: You show the front and they visually check you, then you flip it over so they can Scan the back. If they go on Lock Down, I won't have physical access to my Credit Union or get Rx drugs from Mil Base pharmacies. Might be a good idea to switch to getting Tricare Rx meds shipped to your home, there are some minor costs involved. There are also some meds that Tricare won't pay for/ship but you can get them free at Base Pharmacies.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As long as the power, internet, phone stays on, everything should be relatively calm. My 2 cents. Besides if you get hungry grab your phone, get on the internet and order a pizza.... ;-)

The problem I see over here in PCB and phoncon with business owners: their business are going deep in the Red due to high commercial property rental rates and other overhead that can't be made up from curb/delivery service numbers. A lot of them were still in the hole from Hurricane Michael. The only good side is I have access to cheap one ply "business TP" but it dosent fit my fixtures. Lol.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Not long after the national quarantine is implemented. When the food supply becomes more constrained due to the lack of distribution, the mobs will begin and martial law will soon follow.

I think they would do the martial law first, then the quarinteen. People are still driving up and down the road, going to the store and just screwing around. Nobody will "shelter in place" till they drop the hammer. Just last night I could hear 3 partys with Live music.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Several Fl gov web sites report: FDLE's Counsel General has prepared a LE Guide for Protocols in a Quarantine. I hope it's general "what if" planning and not preparatory action. I haven't found a copy to see what those Protocols are. Has this document trickled down to Dept/Officers yet?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What you want to know is covered in FSS chapters 252, 381, and 870
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Found individual and group of buildings quarantine with required Court Orders and violation subj to second degree misdemeanor $500.
    Didn't see anything on the Scale of quarantine for towns, cities, counties or the State. I guess they could wing it with a patchwork of FSS.

That still leaves the General Counsel LE Protocols as unknown.

Thanks for the info.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’m sure I’m not the only parent on here and I’m fairly certain school is out for the year. Any ideas to help with teachable projects, what are y’all doing? My wife’s been sitting them down for an hour or two daily for math, reading, and writing lessons. We wake them up, get them fed, dressed, ready to go like we normally did. Only now they either stay with her or myself. We did a scavenger hunt the other day, where you had to add,, find shapes, or read a question to get the next clue. One example we had a clue “OakTree” and the next clue was on the big oak outback. I’ve gotten them active in our garden, and helping with chickens, my wife’s getting them to help bake cookies, teaching them about measurements, she has something set up with the computer I think to teach via internet. I bought a couple wooden build projects to let them build them for like a project, but I’m not good at lesson planning for something like science experiments, etc. and I don’t want this to negatively affect my kids future and thought if y’all have any ideas or things your doing, I’m open to suggestions. I mean we can’t go to the zoo, aquarium, museums, libraries, etc. so it’s on me to fill the void over the next 6 months. I might take the older two out for a canoe trip, or just a nature walk. Just looking for what others are doing. I can teach life skills but something like surface water tension I struggle to explain, I showed my kids that even something as heavy as an cast iron skillet could float, but I think I failed to explain clearly why it could. I know we all had that cool trick our grandpa would show us, well here is the time to pull it out of retirement.
    If theirs anything I can do to help another parent, just lmk.
    Sorry if i rambled and thanks for any input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom