• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I understand it to be 80% to get the plate, and it’s not just vanity it also works as a handicap parking permit. I’ve heard it also gets you free registration in FL but idk. The break on property taxes is not 100%, I think it’s 30%. Should be listed on the DMV and tax collectors websites though for anyone who’s curious.

But even if it’s 100%, that just means one could have claimed 10 things that all resulted in a 10% rating. Both ankles, knees, wrists and elbows plus using issued ear pro and that could be 100%. Maybe he blew out a knee requiring a surgery, and had a reaction to one of the numerous shot series and has a chronic medical issue.

If he can pass whatever physical tests the county has in place, and get through the academy, then why wouldn’t one be able to be active deputy with a high rating?

Definitely depends on what it was...my grandfather was a WW2 mud Marine, got shot in the stomach taking one of those islands in the Pacific, 100% & employable rating...a few months after he recovered he went back and joined the Navy until the war ended...then joined the NAS Pensacola FD...got a second retirement from them. He was missing roughly 3 feet of intestines, but passed all the tests with flying colors. He had a DV tag and flew the American Flag from the front porch post every day. Was an FAA/NFAA Pensacola Bowman along with some other local worthies!

So yeah, many have gotten the 100% and still been able to work the tough jobs. Kinda all depends on the level of tough in 'em.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom