HD Tactical

Some insight to how some of this works....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    you see that is how little you know about that weapon, the parts or what is was or what it was sold for or the time it was sold, maybe you should read the article again...also your jealousy is showing..other than that I am sure some people may even like you.
    Give me the contact info for the person dumb enough to pay that much for that piece of crap, I need to sell him some .177 Cal green tip pellets.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    and then Ruger will discontinue something before the market demand is satisfied. Example: Ruger Blackhawk in .327 Magnum.

I hear you on this...but at least you can order the Ruger Single Seven in .327 Fed Magnum....I can't speak for availability. Lightning struck once already when I tracked down a NIB Ruger SP 101 in .327 Fed Magnum

Apparently we ARENT allowed to give these to soldiers anymore. It's frowned upon now!

Doc...the USAF hanger I work in has one on the wall with a bunch of Official documents...the EO hasn't seen it yet...titled "Hurt Feelings Report"

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Yep, got one of the Single Sevens. Maybe some of it has been bad luck, but I've "discovered" some Rugers I want, but only after they've been discontinued.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I don't understand why people are willing to pay stupid prices when new products first come on the market. Remember when people were paying $500 for LCPs? Then there was a recall.
    Seems like this happens a lot.
    I would rather wait a while till they get the bugs worked out.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, I'm not much into being the Beta tester for other people and spending my money to do so.

Just like 10 years ago when the RC world got introduced to spread spectrum radio technology Lots of guys jumped on the band wagon and garbage cans at flying fields all over the USA were overflowing with busted airplanes due to bugs in the system. I stayed with the old stuff and have never lost one airplane to a dropped signal in 45 years. Now, I've moved up to the new stuff with complete success........on the backs and the wallets of everyone else.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That's ok Sean, I remember when the new vw Beatle came out, msrp of 17000$ or something Like that.

I remember seeingn them at used car lots with 20,000 miles for 25000$.

As far as beta testing....they're still pieces of crap.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah Max, the P.T. Cruiser comes to mind too. Ex wanted one when they first came out. We went to look at them when they first hit the dealer. The dealer was adding a few thousands over MSRP. When I expressed curiosity as to why I was told that "There's only going to be x number produced. They'll be collectible and only increase in value". I called bullshit and walked away. Went back about a year later and got almost the same song and dance. When the salesmen mentioned the restricted production, collector aspect and all I casually replied that I live in a small neighborhood. There's 7 in that neighborhood. Statistically speaking there's more Cruisers in my 'hood than BBQ grilles. I finally told him that when we decided to buy I would want two, one to shit on, the other to cover the mess up.

Top Bottom