• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    We were victorious big time, not just for my community but for communities south of us too, a large hunting club south of my former lease was told that their lease could not be renewed for the next season because of the same solar company going in on their 5500 acre lease. The Andalusia Star News just reported that the solar farm company has decided to vacate all proposed sites in Covington County AL due to stiff opposition from residents in the area. We put up one hell of a fight this past year, you can’t lay down and let $hit like this take place. Today I looked over some property I’m going to buy in Conecuh County to hunt on, I liked everything about that 85 acres and it’s just too good of a deal to not jump on. It’s further than I wanted to have to drive to hunt but good roads all the way to it, 37 miles from my house. I’ve been spoiled rotten having a lease that joined my land where I live for 26 years of hunting, I could drive my tractor from home to work on the land at any time and wake up in the morning and get dressed and be in the woods in 15 minutes. Those days are behind me now. As to the 85 acres I’ll be buying, I love it. It’s on a paved county road, no homes around it, out in the middle of no where. There’s a water meter on the property where a home place was long time ago, a power pole by the gate with a transformer on it. So when I get ready to build a camp site I’ll have utilities. And was told two 140 class bucks have been killed on the property in last few years. I told the wife the property is a real good investment, I’ll be 63 years old this coming hunting season, if the man upstairs will let me stay healthy and get at least 10-12 years of hunting out of that place we can sell the land for a good return cause they ain’t making no more of it. Land in my neck of the woods is going for $10,000 an acre now, absolutely ridiculous and people are paying it. By driving 37 miles over to the next county I’m saving $7400 an acre and will experience peace and tranquility and have a place to myself with no more hunting club drama.

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We were victorious big time, not just for my community but for communities south of us too, a large hunting club south of my former lease was told that their lease could not be renewed for the next season because of the same solar company going in on their 5500 acre lease. The Andalusia Star News just reported that the solar farm company has decided to vacate all proposed sites in Covington County AL due to stiff opposition from residents in the area. We put up one hell of a fight this past year, you can’t lay down and let $hit like this take place. Today I looked over some property I’m going to buy in Conecuh County to hunt on, I liked everything about that 85 acres and it’s just too good of a deal to not jump on. It’s further than I wanted to have to drive to hunt but good roads all the way to it, 37 miles from my house. I’ve been spoiled rotten having a lease that joined my land where I live for 26 years of hunting, I could drive my tractor from home to work on the land at any time and wake up in the morning and get dressed and be in the woods in 15 minutes. Those days are behind me now. As to the 85 acres I’ll be buying, I love it. It’s on a paved county road, no homes around it, out in the middle of no where. There’s a water meter on the property where a home place was long time ago, a power pole by the gate with a transformer on it. So when I get ready to build a camp site I’ll have utilities. And was told two 140 class bucks have been killed on the property in last few years. I told the wife the property is a real good investment, I’ll be 63 years old this coming hunting season, if the man upstairs will let me stay healthy and get at least 10-12 years of hunting out of that place we can sell the land for a good return cause they ain’t making no more of it. Land in my neck of the woods is going for $10,000 an acre now, absolutely ridiculous and people are paying it. By driving 37 miles over to the next county I’m saving $7400 an acre and will experience peace and tranquility and have a place to myself with no more hunting club drama.
    You sir, are an inspiration and a man to be admired, reckoned with and feared. I'm sending you a PM

Top Bottom