• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I
    One coming to Holt. You need to go find some endandered animal, or indian burial grounds on the properry.
    Last year I contacted the Alabama Game & Fish and the US Fish & Wildlife Service to report the federally protected Gopher Tortoise and the Eastern Indigo Snake that are on the lease I lost, also reported to other State Agencies of the protected Alabama Canebrake Pitcher Plant that is only known to exist in parts of two other Alabama Counties. I stayed on the phone numerous times with the Poarch Band of Creek Indians out of Atmore reporting three known Native American camp sites on the land and sent them pictures of artifacts, I contacted the Muscogee Creek Nation and never even got a reply back from them. I’ve contacted every historical preservation agency you can think of as well as several environmental agencies. I’ve reached out to several US Representatives and US Senators, the Alabama Governor, I’ve contacted all the State Senators and Representatives in southeast Alabama too. Let me tell you this, every d@mn politician has turned a deaf ear and simply don’t give a $hit. They have all had their pockets padded and turned their backs. I could go on and on and on about all the many different agencies and people of influence that I reached out to and nobody wants to intervene. Property values will plummet and the beautiful landscape will be raped and it’s such a shame that our community will be destroyed. We organized just as soon as we got wind of this last year and have been fighting with all our might but it’s all been for nothing I’m afraid, it’s looking mighty grim for us in the Oakey Ridge Community. Anybody that’s for and supports this kind of flim flam sea of glass panels is off their rocker !

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I

Last year I contacted the Alabama Game & Fish and the US Fish & Wildlife Service to report the federally protected Gopher Tortoise and the Eastern Indigo Snake that are on the lease I lost, also reported to other State Agencies of the protected Alabama Canebrake Pitcher Plant that is only known to exist in parts of two other Alabama Counties. I stayed on the phone numerous times with the Poarch Band of Creek Indians out of Atmore reporting three known Native American camp sites on the land and sent them pictures of artifacts, I contacted the Muscogee Creek Nation and never even got a reply back from them. I’ve contacted every historical preservation agency you can think of as well as several environmental agencies. I’ve reached out to several US Representatives and US Senators, the Alabama Governor, I’ve contacted all the State Senators and Representatives in southeast Alabama too. Let me tell you this, every d@mn politician has turned a deaf ear and simply don’t give a $hit. They have all had their pockets padded and turned their backs. I could go on and on and on about all the many different agencies and people of influence that I reached out to and nobody wants to intervene. Property values will plummet and the beautiful landscape will be raped and it’s such a shame that our community will be destroyed. We organized just as soon as we got wind of this last year and have been fighting with all our might but it’s all been for nothing I’m afraid, it’s looking mighty grim for us in the Oakey Ridge Community. Anybody that’s for and supports this kind of flim flam sea of glass panels is off their rocker !
    Tell them you found the endangered, white Christian, straight, male.
    On the other hand, don't. They'll just shoot you.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why dont they stop destroying all of the wildlife habitat. There are plenty of golf courses to put solar farms on. Lol
    Those get turned into housing developments when they fail. According to the current trend, most likely multi-family rental "homes." But, they'll have a catchy/trendy name. Can't just call 'em tenements...

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I

It seems the tribes only want to block pipelines.

Windmills are ugly, but the land they sit on can still farmed or grazed.

The two families I pheasant hunt with in SoDak are each getting a windmill on their farms.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Update:
    Tonight’s meeting with the solar farm owner/ceo was a major victory for my community, with hard fought opposition for one year raising hell and calling out politicians and making the biggest fuss imaginable, the solar farm surrendered and said they would not build here. My adjoining property to the proposed solar farm location where I live is no longer in jeopardy. The fight cost me my hunting lease that I held for 26 years last year when I went public with the secret cover up of bringing the solar farm here, I had two leases from two different timber companies that joined behind my land. Hated lo lose that property with such a big investment of time and money and good management for so many years but had to put up the biggest fight of my life to save my home and property value, the woods around us, the community and the wildlife are way more important than hunting privileges as far as I’m concerned. I’m victorious and my community has fought and won !

Last edited:

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Always stand your ground when you know you’re righteous and do your homework on your opposition, this whole debacle brought a lot of evidence to light on how greed controls society. It cost a long time politician here his seat over the county commission. Good riddance to him.

Last edited:

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Thats great news. Have one of your friends lease the land, then become a "member" of the club.
    I’m done with the club atmosphere, been a club president over 4 clubs spanning 45 or so years now. Looking to buy 60-100 acres of paradise somewhere in the middle of no where. Too much drama and crap managing a club, time to have it my way on my own property.

Latest posts

Top Bottom