• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Anyone selling? makes me mad the price the stores pay, $2-1.5 less than spot after they charge you that much over spot to buy it. Who do you find giving the most or selling closest to spot pricing? I buy for the long term so the fluctuation does not bother me as much.

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Buyers premium and sellers premium kill any profits over spot unless silver goes back up over 48$ ounce. I've been waiting to unload a kilo

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frank I know very little about tradeing in gold and silver and such but it seems to me it is about the same thing with gold. Take 1 ounce of gold jewlery and sell it how much do you get compared to the price of gold..During some hard times I had to sell some jewlery and I think I got about 1/5 of the real value. I know it was a pawn shop and that should have told me something. AND it was weighed on there scale and I sure wasn't shone the reading.

Not trying to hijack your thread but that just seems the way the system works any more.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have played with buying it for investment, but never panned out well for me, it was always buy high and sell low. Only good outcome would be to have bought a few years ago and have sold it when it hit 40.00 some time back. Even worse is the companies that hold it in their safe for you to redeem later, how do you plan to get it when the grid breaks down? . When SHTF you will be melting your silver to make bullets. To me it seems like false security, if the world falls apart who will be there to buy or trade it, I would rather have ammo or food. I'm not selling my twinkies for a piece of useless silver. Just me.

steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been considering investing in silver so I'm going to follow this thread to gather some local knowledge!

rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't see where it closed for $15????

Hasn't been $15 in a while. Looks like mid March is was a little less than $15.60

There is a site that posts graphs of gold and silver. I got tired of going from page to page to look at the different metals and different time ranges so I made a page that put all the graphs on one page.

http://flcaptainbill.com/pm.html

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The shipping and insurance is what usually makes it cheaper to buy local if you have a reputable company to do business with.

And that would be Roberts & Roberts on Airport. I still think APMEX would be cheaper. I bought around 30 graded ASEs, seems like the s&i was about $25.

Rick

EDIT: I just checked APMEX and 500 rounds (that's silver rounds, not ammo you bunch of gun nuts) are $8600 with FREE s&i.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom