Target Sports

SHTF Handgun, whats your favorite go to?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ment to expand on this earlier. The p38/P1 is a gem. Ejects left!! if I remember right. Has multiple safetys. Lanyard ring, decock. Double strike. Loaded chamber indicator. Mag catch on the bottom. Fixed barrel. Easy disassemble. This was 70+ years ago. Kick in Larry if I forgot something. Seems like everyone else has been playing catchup the last 70 years. Drop safe? I bet it is.
    James, you hit the nail on the head. I can’t think of anything else to add. Mine has the metal grips so it’ll be here long after I’m gone. I also have a 32 caliber PP that’ll outlast me. I have a new PK 380 and don’t like it as much as the 2 old Wathers. You have to have a special tool to take it down and some other things I’m not loving so I dont carry it as much as the others.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If only allowed one I like to say it's going to be my Ruger Redhawk 44 mag with a 7.5" barrel loaded with 180 gr. XTP to increase the reach but a 9mm is going to be easier to scrounge ammo
    I have one of the old super blackhawks. I carry it for a hog hunting backup. I would hate to shoot it in my house during a breakin though!

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I picked up the O-light the other day, I’m impressed with it for what it is. I ordered a Warrior and mount Friday for my rifles
    Yes I have two now. Several staff in the LGS gave me crap about how it might blow up and kill me but it has been a great light.

typo31

Shooter
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have my Glock 17L ready to go with standard mag and two 31 round mags loaded with 25 rounds each. Gives me 60+ rounds in not much space. Based on the trend here, 9mm ammo and possibly other handguns that would use the same mags might be able to be found along the way. I know the thread says one handgun, but I also have a Sub 2000 next to it as it uses the same mags as well.

WDF007

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For SHTF handgun I would choose my P320 X full size. In a pinch if you run out of sig mags you can run glock mags but you need to hold them in at the bottom with minimal pressure. With a good grip you can hold the glock mag in with the support hand. Just my two cents.

Attachments

• 20210501_114533.jpg
      20210501_114533.jpg
      2.3 MB · Views: 80

Sandspur6

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    GEN3 G34, with a Leupold Delta Point Pro, six factory +2's and two factory 33"s. G19 for backup.

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    P320 with AXG grip for upgraded weight and accuracy. Escambia county sheriff's have switched to the full size p320. Their mags and parts with be plentiful around here might I have to share with LE. Plus 9mm is common

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    P320 with AXG grip for upgraded weight and accuracy. Escambia county sheriff's have switched to the full size p320. Their mags and parts with be plentiful around here might I have to share with LE. Plus 9mm is common
    Yup! Over hete SRSO runs G34s so thats a bit of commonality here too.

Anyting5dolla

Expert
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    848E5A4E-47EB-432C-ADA8-9A07F31F50FE.jpeg
    Fully built p80 full zev springs cups internals except trigger housing itself. Ghost lady connector tru glo sights. Tyrant defense trigger zev extended mag release and backplate. Custom frame work and a strike industries mass driver gotta love it. Things a monster of its own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom