Target Sports

SHTF Handgun, whats your favorite go to?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebuilt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Best bet for a shtf pistol is something compatible with whatever LEO in your area carries, at least in caliber never know when scavenging might come into play. I love my Glock 34, it’s a Gen 5 mos, I’ve learned that the red dot is all but useless if I f
    Don’t have my glasses though. I’m also a big fan of my 1911’s but ammo capacity and current availability kinda makes those just a novelty for me right now. I have a 43x mos that I picked up as a CCW. All the above are outfitted with some light, be it a Surefire X300, stream light Tlr7 or an Olight Valkyrie pro.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    To me a great package would be the CMR and PMR with 10 mags and 500rds of ammo.
    Light,compact,easily transportable,interchangeable mags,same operating system,interchangeable parts,etc.
    Above mentioned mags and ammo would weigh ..... maybe .... 3.5 lbs (?).
    Not a long range system though but you could keep someones head down at 250 or 300yds. And a soft tissue hit would penetrate,but without much energy dump.
    Gotta be a tradeoff at some point.
    Remember - -> we are talking pistols here.
    Wondering what the drops are from a short bbl'ed 9mm and longer bbl'ed 22Mag,at 200yds ??? --- SAWMAN

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So we'd all rather have a carbine, rifle or shot gun if we knew its gone sideways out there. If you only had access to a handgun in your home, truck or go bag, what's it gonna be? Don't read into it or try to outsmart the question, just what handgun is the one you're grabbing? Mines my trusty Gen 5 G34 with the GSSF Master trigger kit installed, Holosun 509t and TLR1HL. Hows about ya'll?

HK P2000

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    To me a great package would be the CMR and PMR with 10 mags and 500rds of ammo.
    Light,compact,easily transportable,interchangeable mags,same operating system,interchangeable parts,etc.
    Above mentioned mags and ammo would weigh ..... maybe .... 3.5 lbs (?).
    Not a long range system though but you could keep someones head down at 250 or 300yds. And a soft tissue hit would penetrate,but without much energy dump.
    Gotta be a tradeoff at some point.
    Remember - -> we are talking pistols here.
    Wondering what the drops are from a short bbl'ed 9mm and longer bbl'ed 22Mag,at 200yds ??? --- SAWMAN
    Weigh and not drawing attention to yourself, in a quiet world noise draws scavengers.

Babalu

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My TX22. Very light, accurate, has never failed with any ammo I’ve fed it, 1000 rounds plus and counting. Underpowered compared to the others, but extremely accurate.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Come to think of it, 22lr is so reliable I might go with that for a defensive and possibly offensive role that a SHTF situation might present.
    If I can have a secondary weapon, I’d pick a pump shotgun, so I can scare off bad guys by racking it and never have to use my ammo. And if I did have to fire it, the spread would clear acres at a time and I don’t even have to aim.

Last edited:

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Come to think of it, 22lr is so reliable I might go with that for a defensive and possibly offensive role that a SHTF situation might present.
    If I can have a secondary weapon, I’d pick a pump shotgun, so I can scare off bad guys by racking it and never have to use my ammo. And if I did have to fire it, it the spread would clear acres at a time and I don’t even have to aim.
    that street sweeper tho!!!

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Gonna buck the Austrian trend here and say HK USP for my SHTF / we're all gonna die / etc etc handgun.

Top Bottom