• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Yeah, FIL got one delivered - I wouldn't trust anything it it to not get jostled or broken by using it for moving.

Only reason they work on ships is they are loaded and unloaded with a crane and everything inside is professionally packed. The large majority are going to by unloaded / loaded via a tilting truck and winch. It's going to get tilted back / forth, pulled, bumped, you name it.
    My favorite is when the loaders forks come up thru the floor

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Pods may be too small but multiples may be cheaper in the long-run. An overhead crane to lift a loaded container is mighty expensive and will damage terrain if you have nice grass. The pod folks got it down to a science.
    This is exactly why I left 99% of my furniture and safes in Maine when I escaped. It was cheaper to leave it all behind and buy new ones when I got home than to pay to have it all loaded, transported and unloaded.

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I lived in one in Afghanistan, that was the good year, first year was tent, thought I died and went to heaven to get a connex !!!!!!!!!
    I lived in one of the aluminum ones at 29 Palms for a few weeks, after my tent blew off the mountain. Good times. Miss it every day. Life was a whole lot simpler when every single thing I owned fit in an ALICE pack and a duffel bag

Last edited:

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I lived in one of the aluminum ones at 29 Palms for a few weeks, after my tent blew off the mountain. Good times. Miss it every day. Life was a whole lot simpler when every single thing I owned fit in an ALICE pack and a duffel bag
    True story

Sporter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We had ours delivered by a 3500 pickup in Nov 2020 for $2700. A 40' high cube (9' tall). Most likely yours will be dark colored and will be an oven if you have to park it in the sun. We painted ours white and it helped. With the heat and humidity in Florida we quickly learned about "container rain" and it's effect on mold. We had ours spray foamed and it stopped the moisture inside and keeps the interior around 15-20 degrees cooler than the outside. Not cheap but it works. We have no power available for the container so we just keep a dozen buckets of damp rid in it. If you have power a dehumidifier will work wonders. Amazing how quickly you can fill one of these things up.

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
      Image.jpeg
      429.4 KB · Views: 50
    • Image 2.jpeg
      Image 2.jpeg
      328.6 KB · Views: 47
    • Container Rain.jpeg
      Container Rain.jpeg
      325.9 KB · Views: 50
    • Image 4.jpeg
      Image 4.jpeg
      402.7 KB · Views: 47
    • paint.jpeg
      paint.jpeg
      371.9 KB · Views: 51

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    We had ours delivered by a 3500 pickup in Nov 2020 for $2700. A 40' high cube (9' tall). Most likely yours will be dark colored and will be an oven if you have to park it in the sun. We painted ours white and it helped. With the heat and humidity in Florida we quickly learned about "container rain" and it's effect on mold. We had ours spray foamed and it stopped the moisture inside and keeps the interior around 15-20 degrees cooler than the outside. Not cheap but it works. We have no power available for the container so we just keep a dozen buckets of damp rid in it. If you have power a dehumidifier will work wonders. Amazing how quickly you can fill one of these things up.
    Did you insulate or seal the floor at all?

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We have two containers on our place in AL. Previous owners had two louvers cut in the doors and a thermostat controlled fan installed on the opposite end. When the temp gets to 100 degrees inside the fan turns on and pulls the outside "cooler" air through the container. The fan stays on as long as the inside temp is at, or greater, than 100. Not ideal but at least it circulates fresh air and it doesn't get super hot inside the container.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    When I bought mine I was working a bunch of overtime and could not go pick it out. I told them I wanted one that was a light color and did not leak. That’s what I got but the roof I don’t think had ever been painted. It had some pretty scaly rust. I eventually built a metal roof over it after I got a bunch of metal off a renovation at a commercial job site.

EDIT…So I would suggest picking one out yourself if it is feasible.

Last edited:

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Just for anyone interested. Here is a pic of mine from when we’re cutting a tree that had fallen during Sally. Luckily it leaned on other trees so it did not crush my roof. My “trusses” are made of just the 2 boards that are connected with plywood gussets. I had welded angle clips on every 5 feet to screw the trusses to. I then used 2x4 running lengthwise to attach the metal roofing to. I wanted that much pitch on the roof to keep pines straw from building up and rusting it out.
    4A91C9A5-1620-48DF-92D3-2AB478684101.png

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Just for anyone interested. Here is a pic of mine from when we’re cutting a tree that had fallen during Sally. Luckily it leaned on other trees so it did not crush my roof. My “trusses” are made of just the 2 boards that are connected with plywood gussets. I had welded angle clips on every 5 feet to screw the trusses to. I then used 2x4 running lengthwise to attach the metal roofing to. I wanted that much pitch on the roof to keep pines straw from building up and rusting it out. View attachment 220166
    Good job. I need to weld some on mine to build a lean to for all the yard stuff.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Just for anyone interested. Here is a pic of mine from when we’re cutting a tree that had fallen during Sally. Luckily it leaned on other trees so it did not crush my roof. My “trusses” are made of just the 2 boards that are connected with plywood gussets. I had welded angle clips on every 5 feet to screw the trusses to. I then used 2x4 running lengthwise to attach the metal roofing to. I wanted that much pitch on the roof to keep pines straw from building up and rusting it out. View attachment 220166
    That's called God looking out for you ;)

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    $$$?? Delivery range?
    Its not bad. $175 month, which is better than the 30' container at most places in pcola. Its out by Steve's Farm in Walnut Hill. HE said he gets these from Mobile so its a pretty far delivery.
    I rented for 3 months, however, there is a delivery fee. My wife wanted it here next to our RV instead of going back and forth to Pcola. Delivery was next day and was seemless and quick. The owner said that he may let me just convert to buying if I want to.
    Delivery is $250 one way.
    He also has a storage lot you can rent instead of delivery for $30/month.

Top Bottom