• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I held a P30 the other day and I fell in love with the way this thing felt in my hand.. Any owners out there that can give me some positives and negatives on this gun before I drop that kind of dough? Ive heard the trigger is horrible is there anything you can do about that?

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hope some of our seasoned members will open some info on these babys, I have a brother that is interested in one,, Every company 5 to 10 years back couldnt produce a reliable cycling auto in this cal... With the low recoil an FPS.. I might would like to sample this piece of hardware,,, FUPAGUNT,, Im hoping some of our fello sportsmen in here will open up to you question,,,,, olecarver

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you like the ergonomics of the P30 - try the Walther PPQ. It feels very similar in the hand - but is a striker-fired design with a better out-of-the-box trigger than a Glock. Also, the PPQ can be had retail at Academy for $559...

I have one if you want to shoot it.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've got a P30. Love the grip. Wasn't in love with the trigger but I sent it off to Bill Springfield for a trigger job and it's GREAT! (167 for 'the works') I got the P30 used at the Feb Milton Gun Show. I got a smoking deal on it. It was a replacement for one I had sold a few months before. It's fun to shoot.

With that said...

I've not shot the PPQ but Scuba did his transfer through me for his PPQ. If the grip on the PPQ is worse than the P30, it's not by much and may be more comfortable. (depends on the time of day and how I'm feeling). The PPQ is cheaper and I haven't heard anything bad about it.

I wish I had picked up one of the first editions while they were readily available.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you like the ergonomics of the P30 - try the Walther PPQ. It feels very similar in the hand - but is a striker-fired design with a better out-of-the-box trigger than a Glock. Also, the PPQ can be had retail at Academy for $559...

I have one if you want to shoot it.

Thanks man i may take you up on it. Is it 9mm?

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    How much difference is there in the P30 model and the USP design...??? I own an H&K USP 45 and it is a sweet shootin' gun, large frame though...I was also reading that the Walther PPQ is a newer version of the Walther P99 (which brings to mind the S&W SW99)...looks a bit to me like the ole' adage of "The more things change the more they stay the same..." I've been looking for a SW99 in 9mm, may find one someday soon...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom