• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StraightShooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you are not aware, there is a movement to remove the historical monument in Lee Square on Palafox, just south of Cervantes, near First Baptist Church. This monument memorializes the confederate dead soldiers from this area and is protected under law, but that has not stopped the push to remove it.
    Tomorrow, July 14th, Pensacola City Council is meeting for a special session to potentially decide the fate of the 130 year old monument. This is being ramrodded at a time when the City of Pensacola is under a Code Yellow from Covid-19 as well as our nations civil unrest. If you agree with saving the monument, you can take action as outlined below. The goal for tomorrow is to have the decision delayed. The below instructions can be followed to email the City Council and have your email read aloud at the council meeting since it is closed and no-one is allowed to attend. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE BELOW INSTRUCTIONS:

If you want your voice heard in the meeting here is a step EVERYONE can take...
    To have your EMAIL read aloud DURING the meeting send an email to:

Dkraher@cityofpensacola.com

Put in the subject line:
    Letter for 7/14 special meeting

Put in text of email these EXACT words:
    Please read into the record.

The rest of your letter needs to be 2 minutes long when read aloud. Don Kraher is only reading 2 minutes worth of your letter. Keep it on point and within the 2 minutes.
    You do NOT need to put full name. First name is enough.

The MAIN talking point is to DELAY THE VOTE!

Pick one or use all of the below reasons...

*Delay until we are out of a city-wide Code Yellow for Covid

*Delay because all this undue stress on city staff and council members weakens their immune system and many are in the AT RISK age. Kraher having to read emails in a mask for 3+ hours is unhealthy and dangerous.

*Delay because it’s been here for 130 years what’s a few more months. Why the rush?

*Delay so both sides can be heard. It took almost 2 years of discussions from citizens regarding naming the $420 million MEMORIAL 3 mile bridge to Gen Chappie James...an African American.

*Delay because many on the other side need their voice heard without repercussions to their businesses for speaking out.

*Delay because many on the side of keeping history are older and not as tech savvy to navigate a virtual meeting.

*Delay until the civil unrest regarding police reform has settled. The 2 issues are not related.

( Send an email for each point using your kid’s email addresses or create one for your dog. Flood Kraher’s email starting TODAY and pray for his health)

Send as many emails as you can starting TODAY!!

If you don’t know what to say copy and edit some of the profound letters already posted on FB.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do not live in Escambia County and likely I have no legal say in the matter. I am curious to see what they will do. Pensacola only has to answer to the voters of pensacola and not to the rest of escambia county and certainly not to me in pace, fl. I think they will at least demote it some way or more liklely move it. Best place for it is to the nearby cemetery that has so many confederate dead buried in it. I think most in the city of Pensacola will accept that.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I was just there taking a look at the monument a couple days ago. Its got a double row of fencing all the way around it. The outer fence is only like 3 feet tall, for parades and sidewalks and such. The inner fence is like 8 feet tall chain link, and it makes a good show of being formidable. Until I thought about it and realized that anybody with a multitool or sawzall could unzip it in 10 seconds flat. What a joke. What it needs is a cop sitting on it. I couldn't help but notice that the statue of Mr He Who Shall Not Be Named down the hill from our Confederate statue has no fence whatsoever, and isnt near as big either, and maybe is even properly shaped for a chain.... I guess the city doesn't really care about equal protection for all statues. And also all those who love fancy pelican statues should go grab one, before they disappear, yeah....

StraightShooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The monument has fencing around it because it was defaced with red paint about 3 weeks ago. The next day there were people who care about our history cleaning it off. That's when the fencing went up to prevent further vandalism and a cop was also parked by the monument for about a week to ensure no further damage was done.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Monument will be removed. That has already been decided! No decision maker will risk being called a racist because they voted any other way than to remove the monument.

Only going through the motions tonight because the "process" says they have to.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Spending money to move a monument is stupid!

I am fine with people fundraising to cover the cost to relocate and the costs for fixing what was there.

City money should not be spent on any monuments - and those wanting to put up new items need to cover the complete costs- purchase, install, and upgrades, city employee time spent on job, etc.

*** I do like the idea of creating a Monument Reef - perhaps all the cities, states, etc who are pulling down monuments will ship them here for a nice dive spot.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Monument will be removed. That has already been decided! No decision maker will risk being called a racist because they voted any other way than to remove the monument.

Only going through the motions tonight because the "process" says they have to.
    The "news" has said the memorial does not meet the standards of the community. Who are these people who decide our standards and when did they move here, and where did they come from?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The "news" has said the memorial does not meet the standards of the community. Who are these people who decide our standards and when did they move here, and where did they come from?

BLM "activists" I am sure..

race baiting and protesting has become a full time job for these freaks.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I
    BLM "activists" I am sure..

race baiting and protesting has become a full time job for these freaks.
    If I, by some miracle, could come this way again, I would be a Doctor of Sensitivity Counselling, and take all kinds of insurance. I could even be a "perfesser."

StraightShooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The City Council Vote taken tonight is shameful to the history of this city. They are not representing the people. They are not preserving our history to educate future generations. There were some great ideas to truly unify and bring together the community with this monument, but they rammed this through a vote tonight to passify the BLM group. There will be more monuments to come... just watch and see... it will not stop here. Our history is gradually being erased to promote the marxist agenda.

Check out actforamerica.org. The founder is from Lebanon and has already witnessed the same thing we are experiencing now.

I fear it is too late for America to wake-up. “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

2 Chronicles 7:14

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was bound to happen:

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was bound to happen:

Only difference there is, if you vandalize a BLM thing you will be charged with a hate crime (in CA it was) which is pretty amazing how you can be charged with a hate crime over an "approved" vandalism in the 1st place!!!

Top Bottom