• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My Dad has a 342 .22Hornet that appears to have had the chamber mouth monkeyed with. Does anyone know where I can get a photo or a blueprint of the mouth of the chamber??? Any help will be appreciated.

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's a new member here that has a big collection of .22 rifles and I'd say alot of knowledge.

I'd ask, what makes him think it was altered? Does a .22 cartridge fit in? Does it not shoot? does the bolt line up/lock up?

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    part of the chamber lip is missing. He just needs to know how much is gone to be able to repair it. I don't know if he plans to mill it down and cut the shoulder or build it up. he's just needing a pic or a blueprint. For the cost of these, I'd just buy another one and be done with it.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shag, I messaged him a week or so back. I don't know if he's hit a snag or what. He had surgery on his neck before Christmas. He told me all he had to do was index the barrel. I'm gonna call him in the morning and see whats going on. Hopefully, he's done and I can ship the reamer back before the week is out. I don't think I'd be able to make it to Jay till thursday anyway.
    I'll message you after I talk to him. With any luck, he's finished and is doing better. He didn't sound like himself when I talked to him last time.

Top Bottom