Russia Threatens to take Alaska, Seriously?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's already happened once. The Japs held Alaska for a long time during WW2, with concrete fortified positions. They just don't teach about it in school because Alaska wasn't a state yet. But American military did arm the Alaskan locals and tell them to keep an eye on the Jap invaders

I know when it became a state, but it was still 'ours' during wwII :)

Exactly. It was a US territory in 1942, when the Japanese took a couple small islands in the Aleutians. Population was less than 50 locals.

I’m not saying it didn’t happen. I’m just saying that modern-day, “settled” Alaska with armed US Citizens roaming about would be a much heavier lift and occupation by a foreign force.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Many don't know about the Russians that was annexed in the deal either. There's huge towns there that are old Russian Orthadox types. They refuse to answer to local police or FEDs and kinda do their own thing. Police now just avoid it and let them do thier thing basically. So technically there's already a ton there. Just a fun fact. But taking the area and keeping the area are two different things tho. But yeah Alaska wasn't even bought in the way many think. We funded a Transocean telecommunication line to Russia and Europe. They couldn't afford to pay in a conventional way so they offered up the land instead for super cheap. At the time they thought it was a wasteland. Then there was the Gold rush and other stuff found later and the rest is history.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Danwin22

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I seem to remember Obozo gave one of the Aleutian Islands back to Russia in his first 20 minutes in office.

If Biden's son could make money to give Alaska to Russia Joe would be all for it.

I can just see Sarah Palin standing at the border waving a new Ruger-Marlin 45-70 at Russia while Lisa Murkowski hides under a desk.

Top Bottom