• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Well, they finally made it! This is the first time I've seen it. I'm glad to see it's grip magwell fed and don't rely on a buffer tube! I'm wondering if it has the FCU from the original 57 pistol. I hope they make this in a super short PDW format also.

One drawback of using these mags tho is they can only be made to carry right at around 28 rounds before they start nosediving really bad due to the shape of the 57. They'll have to make some banana style ones soon if they want to go with higher numbers. Which is good sorta. Because then maybe we can use them I'm our 57s also

Now we just need more makers to start making more 57 and get thier prices back down to cheap

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    At least I see the ammo has come down in price. Give me a few reasons why this chambering? or is it just a new flavor you haven't tasted yet? Seems like all the new chamberings are like a new fishing lure to catch the fisherman instead of the fish. What will this do the 5.56 won't do? I think a lot of people think "It's new so it must be better." It very well may be, I don't know. It was always too expensive for a range gun, so I never really looked twice at it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    At least I see the ammo has come down in price. Give me a few reasons why this chambering? or is it just a new flavor you haven't tasted yet? Seems like all the new chamberings are like a new fishing lure to catch the fisherman instead of the fish. What will this do the 5.56 won't do? I think a lot of people think "It's new so it must be better." It very well may be, I don't know. It was always too expensive for a range gun, so I never really looked twice at it.
    Or 22 mag.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    People get sticker shock when they see 57 ammo boxes. Keep in mind tho it's only high now due to recent demand. All ammo is high now tbh. Not long ago tho this sold for 16$ for a box of 50. Today prices are around 40-50$ a box. That seems crazy at first glance for such a tiny box. Keep in mind tho you get "50" rounds tho vs the usual 20 rounds that are in most 9mm defense ammo boxes that folks pays 30-40$ for. All but one brand (American eagle) is actually all defense quality ammo too as far as 57 is concerned. Soon hopefully they'll make more "plinking" ammo that's cheaper. There's a huge list as far as why it outperforms 9mm for many situations. It can't be compared to things like 22 mag and dismissed so easily. It's actually a huge night and day difference between this and 22 mag. I won't bother to explain it tho. You'll just have dig and see.

If you however want more perks than 9mm has to offer, but without the size of a 556 rifle and the ability to share mags with a sidearm this is a good choice

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    People get sticker shock when they see 57 ammo boxes. Keep in mind tho it's only high now due to recent demand. All ammo is high now tbh. Not long ago tho this sold for 16$ for a box of 50. Today prices are around 40-50$ a box. That seems crazy at first glance for such a tiny box. Keep in mind tho you get "50" rounds tho vs the usual 20 rounds that are in most 9mm defense ammo boxes that folks pays 30-40$ for. All but one brand (American eagle) is actually all defense quality ammo too as far as 57 is concerned. Soon hopefully they'll make more "plinking" ammo that's cheaper. There's a huge list as far as why it outperforms 9mm for many situations. It can't be compared to things like 22 mag and dismissed so easily. It's actually a huge night and day difference between this and 22 mag. I won't bother to explain it tho. You'll just have dig and see.

If you however want more perks than 9mm has to offer, but without the size of a 556 rifle and the ability to share mags with a sidearm this is a good choice
    Yep, just like the CMR30 and pmr30. Except 22 mag instead of the 5.7. That's what attracted me to it. Also 0 issues with screws "falling out".

Last edited:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Here's a good example of what it can do. Keep in mind tho, he's just using the watered down civilian ammo.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    The only real drawback I have found about 57 tho is the fact they don't make a smaller concealable model for conceal carry yet. For that reason I still carry a 9mm compact. If and when they do make a slightly smaller model with the perks of my P365XL I'll totally switch over. For now tho I keep the 57 as a perfect ShTF combo option for a open carry and carbine that share ammo and mags. For now makers have 22 mags models that you can conceal easy. So they are good for that for sure

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    5.7 was designed as a pdw round. Not to compete or even fit in against the roles 5.56 would fill.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The only real drawback I have found about 57 tho is the fact they don't make a smaller concealable model for conceal carry yet. For that reason I still carry a 9mm compact. If and when they do make a slightly smaller model with the perks of my P365XL I'll totally switch over. For now tho I keep the 57 as a perfect ShTF combo option for a open carry and carbine that share ammo and mags. For now makers have 22 mags models that you can conceal easy. So they are good for that for sure
    I'll be honest the ruger 5.7 is slim enough to carry my only issue is the bulky ass safety

Top Bottom