• Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    She had no choice but to box her. She couldn't keep her down on the lone takedown and Holm was too strong and fast for Rousey to keep her in a clinch to set up a throw.
    She was also spent halfway into the 1st round, she was gasping for air.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And to think people were saying she could take Mayweather in the octagon under MMA rules. If this 34 year old former female professional boxer sent her to the hospital can you imagine what Floyd would have done to her. We would be talking serious injury or possible death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They take every KO to the hospital everyone is acting like this is the first time a MMA fighter has went to the hospital as a precaution. Rhonda went out way too strong and you can tell with that late hit after the bell that Rhonda can't handle losing a round for once and she would have never made it through a full 5 rounds. They'll have a rematch at UFC 196 or 197 because Miesha Tate can't hang with either Holly or Rhonda. Funny how Miesha Tate is trying to trash on Rhonda even though she's lost twice and keeps getting passed over for fights.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Reports are she spent the night in the hospital and is having plastic surgery on her lip. Her face looked bad but the knockout may have been a blessing. A couple more rounds of blocking Holm's punches with her face and it would have been hamburger meat. Not good for her Hollywood career.

Be interesting to see if she comes back from this. There's a chance she may not mentally recover from it. I think she believed all the hype about how indestructible she was and wrongly thought she could just charge through Holm's professional fist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    She was soft and bought into her own press. It was destined to happen, no one is indestructible.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I'm Soooooooo glad she lost. She is so over rated!!!! She has one move that's it!! Against a real fighter, her true ability shined through.

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    " Never over estimate your abilities....or under estimate your opponents !!! "

madeSICC88...You are right....I saw that Rousey was spent in about 3 minutes....She has never really fought anyone like Holms...She could not handle a Pro Striker...And running that damn mouth with all her arrogance I don't think helped ....

She simply got her Ass Whooped !!!

Miss Gina is still one of my favorite all time female fighters...Damn she is sexy !!!

She had no choice but to box her. She couldn't keep her down on the lone takedown and Holm was too strong and fast for Rousey to keep her in a clinch to set up a throw.
    She was also spent halfway into the 1st round, she was gasping for air.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Damn that fight was lousy, Rousey.

Said comfortably from behind the safety of my keyboard and not to her face.:wink:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I'm not a fan of this sport and wouldn't walk across the street to pick up free tickets to the championship fight but I was sick of hearing about Rousey. Maybe now she will realize that nobody is invincible.
    Reminds me of when Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson. Everybody thought Tyson was unbeatable too.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm not a fan of this sport and wouldn't walk across the street to pick up free tickets to the championship fight but I was sick of hearing about Rousey. Maybe now she will realize that nobody is invincible.
    Reminds me of when Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson. Everybody thought Tyson was unbeatable too.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. 49-0

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is what happens to a fighter that becomes to cocky and never sees a 2nd round. I remember during wrestling and when I did MMA if you could get the guys that power their opponents in the first to the 2nd or 3rd period or round. They normally would be gassed and of course you will catch them slipping up. Most of these people have or don't train for the 2nd or 3rd round because the arrogance and cockiness gets to them and they don't think they need it. Same happened in this case Rousey has never gone past the 1st round until she met Holm. She is a great fighter but I am glad to see her take a loss just like I was glad to see Anderson Silva loose. Maybe this will be a humbling experience for her.

Latest posts

Top Bottom