• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Some of you guys need to familiarize yourself with the laws. You can sell a long gun to a resident of a neighboring state but it has to go thru an FFL. You can take it home from the FFL depending on the waiting period/permit exclusions of that state.
    I once bought a rifle from a guy in Robertsdale. I called the ATF to make sure. We met at a gun shop to do the transaction.
    Handguns must be mailed from FFL to FFL. No hand carry.

DangDang

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yep, I was about to call you. Someone came by with a better offer and met up today.
    Well there I go getting shafted again working 12-13 hour nights. If I knew it was first come first serve I would of met you last night at midnight in Jay. When we agreed on a price I thought the item should of been SPF Sold Pending Funds. Guess I can cancel my alarms and try to cancel my babysitter. I’m a firm believer in things happening for a reason. Wasn’t meant to be for me.

Josh03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Well there I go getting shafted again working 12-13 hour nights. If I knew it was first come first serve I would of met you last night at midnight in Jay. When we agreed on a price I thought the item should of been SPF Sold Pending Funds. Guess I can cancel my alarms and try to cancel my babysitter. I’m a firm believer in things happening for a reason. Wasn’t meant to be for me.
    Don't worry it's happens to everyone.. happened to me a few weeks ago .. I couldn't ever do it to someone else ...

CapnRoo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not going to get into specifics of pricing. However, I was contacted by someone offering my original asking price of the rifle with optics, wanting to meet today. Of course I met him. And it went through.

I should have specified that a deal isn't complete until we meet and shake hands and items/cash change hands. In the future I definitely will specify.

Dang dang, I'll apologize for that. I didn't have a chance to call when I marked it as sold. Hope you have a good night, man.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Not going to get into specifics of pricing. However, I was contacted by someone offering my original asking price of the rifle with optics, wanting to meet today. Of course I met him. And it went through.

I should have specified that a deal isn't complete until we meet and shake hands and items/cash change hands. In the future I definitely will specify.

Dang dang, I'll apologize for that. I didn't have a chance to call when I marked it as sold. Hope you have a good night, man.
    And you are saying this with a straight face? Amazing.

General Snafu

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just like it is OK and normal.
    Reminds me of something I got involved in a few years back with a guy who was selling several tractor implements. Called him up made an offer and told him I was about four hours away from him but could be there by noon the following day. He says, "you got a deal. Bring it on."

I called him at 8:00AM the next morning and told him we would be leaving home in a couple of minutes. I gave the guy another call just before we hit Orlando, just to tell him we were still running on time. To make a long story short, not that long after, I see a southbound truck with an equipment trailer full of implements. I ask the wife, did she see that trailer? I swear the stuff on the trailer looks like the stuff we're going to pick up. She says, come on, you're so cynical. The guy wouldn't sell it out from under you.

By this time I'm maybe a half hour or 45 minutes from my destination. I tell the wife, just so I feel better, I'm going to call him and let him know where we are again. So, I make the call. The guy says, I'm awful sorry Dude but some guy that I thought was you came by and bought all of it and paid me $100 more than you offered. I ended up telling him that was a pretty crappy thing to do to someone who was driving 4 hours to pick the stuff up and then to make matters worse, he lied to me on top of it. My parting comment was to tell him, at this point, I guess there's not much I can do about it. Then I suggested, he should still keep an eye out for me pulling into his driveway because you never know, I might just come pay him a visit anyway, if I got a mind to come burn his friggin' house down.

I don't know why I was so pissed at this guy. According to CapnRoo, I had no right to be because, we didn't have any deal. After all, me and this guy hadn't shook hands on it and I hadn't handed him the cash yet. That was one of the dumbest comments I've seen in quite some time. I'll bet CapnRoo is a Democrat. OTOH, I'd still like to thank him for posting his comment. He's put everyone here on notice, to beware if dealing with him.

CapnRoo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Reminds me of something I got involved in a few years back with a guy who was selling several tractor implements. Called him up made an offer and told him I was about four hours away from him but could be there by noon the following day. He says, "you got a deal. Bring it on."

I called him at 8:00AM the next morning and told him we would be leaving home in a couple of minutes. I gave the guy another call just before we hit Orlando, just to tell him we were still running on time. To make a long story short, not that long after, I see a southbound truck with an equipment trailer full of implements. I ask the wife, did she see that trailer? I swear the stuff on the trailer looks like the stuff we're going to pick up. She says, come on, you're so cynical. The guy wouldn't sell it out from under you.

By this time I'm maybe a half hour or 45 minutes from my destination. I tell the wife, just so I feel better, I'm going to call him and let him know where we are again. So, I make the call. The guy says, I'm awful sorry Dude but some guy that I thought was you came by and bought all of it and paid me $100 more than you offered. I ended up telling him that was a pretty crappy thing to do to someone who was driving 4 hours to pick the stuff up and then to make matters worse, he lied to me on top of it. My parting comment was to tell him, at this point, I guess there's not much I can do about it. Then I suggested, he should still keep an eye out for me pulling into his driveway because you never know, I might just come pay him a visit anyway, if I got a mind to come burn his friggin' house down.

I don't know why I was so pissed at this guy. According to CapnRoo, I had no right to be because, we didn't have any deal. After all, me and this guy hadn't shook hands on it and I hadn't handed him the cash yet. That was one of the dumbest comments I've seen in quite some time. I'll bet CapnRoo is a Democrat. OTOH, I'd still like to thank him for posting his comment. He's put everyone here on notice, to beware if dealing with him.
    Except that I made the deal the evening before and was literally minutes from informing dangdang that the rifle had been sold so that he couldmake other plans.

After a week of multiple people not showing and myself waiting an hour or more, getting offers like "will u take a dog and 3 goats for trade", I had little hope that dangdang would actually show. Even though all of yalls keyboard warrior antics I have not and will not blast them in the way yall have attempted to blast me.

Excuse me for taking my original asking price on the spot guaranteed rather than a might show that lowballed an already good deal. Shoulda just told him no to start with. but hey, the more I live the more I learn. It's all anyone can do.

I really do hope that yall have a very blessed evening.

General Snafu

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Except that I made the deal the evening before and was literally minutes from informing dangdang that the rifle had been sold so that he couldmake other plans.

After a week of multiple people not showing and myself waiting an hour or more, getting offers like "will u take a dog and 3 goats for trade", I had little hope that dangdang would actually show. Even though all of yalls keyboard warrior antics I have not and will not blast them in the way yall have attempted to blast me.

Excuse me for taking my original asking price on the spot guaranteed rather than a might show that lowballed an already good deal. Shoulda just told him no to start with. but hey, the more I live the more I learn. It's all anyone can do.

I really do hope that yall have a very blessed evening.
    It's real simple. If someone wants to seal the deal with you, just tell them to send a deposit and you'll hold it for "X" number of days. If you don't show up by then or make an alternate plan with me, it's going to the next guy in line and, you will forfeit your deposit. Generally a 10% deposit is enough to keep a buyer responsive to the deal. In my case, I spoke with the seller the night before and called him again in the morning. I also called him again when I was about half way there. If he wasn't going to hold it all he had to say was, first guy here with the money gets it. Under those circumstances, I would never have continued to discuss it and I certainly wouldn't have made a 6 hour round trip for a "Maybe Deal." Didn't mean to be so rough on you. Personally, I'd rather not do the deal than have one party pissed about having even gotten involved. I'd just pass on the deal to begin with. I'd guess your buyer wouldn't have made the trip either, if you had just come right out and told him that, the first guy that shows up with the cash gets it.

Keep your head down and stay safe.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom