• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What advantage does this have over say an AR pistol, or a handgun for that matter?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    What advantage does this have over say an AR pistol, or a handgun for that matter?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If you and a buddy were going to break in on somebody, which would get a bigger reaction from you - a home owner holder a .38 or 9mm or somebody standing there with a shorty shotgun?
    The thought of nine 00 pellets coming my way scares the heck out of me.
    It really felt good and was quick handling with the short barrel.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My choice for ammo for use in my home would not be buckshot. In my house there is just my wife and I sleeping in the same room. Anybody in the rest of the house will be "owned" by me.
    My primary night time gun now is not a shotgun so I have not done any reserch on different shot loads available. However I am reasonably sure my choice would be what I have quite a bit of stored away. The full power 2 3/4",#4 or #6 shot.
    With it's 14" bbl,the Moss ought to spread this just about right. --- SAWMAN

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That or some OATH Expanding and Fragmenting Slugs. Check them out, they are Badass. Just wish I could find some in stock, somewhere... Would do great in such a short barrel.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got some flachette rds stashed away. Just might give them a try on some 10yd paper.
    Wondering if they are even legal or the ramifications of a otherwise "good" shoot. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    OUCH . . . !!!
    Just cut open all mine (27) and took out the flachettes. Further cut the paper off the brass case head so they could not be reloaded into the shell. Squashed the case head in my vice.
    Definately want to stay legal. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Went down to Mike's this AM. The Moss that they had a couple of weeks ago sold. They had another one come in. It sold within several hours. They have no idea when they will get the next one(s).
    Made some phone calls to some people that I know that have some degree of knowledge of stuff coming out or "in the works". They say that there are more brands of these little guns coming. Also a revo similar to a Taurus Judge chambered in 28ga.
    But When ??? No dates available or brand names available . . . . . yet. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    From OpSol . . . . $15 on amazon.
    Allows you to reliably feed Aguilla 1.75" shells in the Mossberg 930's. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• download.jpg
      download.jpg
      208.1 KB · Views: 349
    Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Shiz !!!
    My OpSol came yesterday. Now . . . just gotta find a gun to drop on top of it.
    Using the 1.75" Aguila Mini Shells the gun will be a 8 shot. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sawman. I checked and have some mini-shells you can have. I used to shoot them through my registered destructive device, but now have an adaptor to shoot regular size 12 gauge shells. The minis I have are #7 1/2 shot.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The OpSol is just a simple little piece of plastic/rubber that is simply inserted into the rear of the shotguns loading port towards the rear. NO disassembly of the gun is needed. You simply turn it upside down with the loading port faceing upwards. Then . . . simply line it up,and push it in. All thru the internet people say it works great with no feed or eject problems. I have talked to two people at the gun show that use them with no problems whatsoever.
    Remember this little device goes in and comes out very quickly . . HOWEVER . . you cannot combine your loads. Choose - - - > either mini or 2.75 and 3.00". You cannot mix them.
    Now even the slugs are 1.75". The older slugs that are shown are 14 years old. I used to carry them when scouting the river swamp prior to deer season. Along with a pocket of 7.5 shot for snakes. I have a NEF single shot chopped to 18 inches that I carried.
    The loaded rd is just under 1.5" long. They have a hollow base and sit on a plastic spacer . IIRC they are 7/8oz. These have about 50% of the recoil of a 2.75" slug load.
    The newer Aguila mini loads come in slugs,#7.5 shot,and buckshot that combines #1 and #4 buck in a single shell. IIRC there are 11 pellets in the buck load.
    This mini ammo is at least a buck each. Some are selling for close to 2 bucks each. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• 20170625_132908_001.jpg
      20170625_132908_001.jpg
      622.3 KB · Views: 260

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got one heading my way for $389.
    Would love to see one of these in 20ga that was smaller and lighter ( less beefy). --- SAWMAN

Latest posts

Top Bottom