• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea watch out they can change there mind in 5 min...

But they still have the Rossi Ranch Hand Pistol being sold... Pretty much the same concept.

Unlike shouldering pistols braces and having an opinion on whether it's legal or not; they would have to change and actual law to change anything on these. NFA is very specific about what constitutes an AOW and SBS unlike shouldering a pistol there isn't much grey area in too big to be an AOW and never been a shotgun.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Every time I see one of these things, it makes me want to SBS one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    For me - - -> if I was gonna SBS a gun,it would be a semi auto.
    The ideal would be my Benelli M1 Super 90. They make a 14" bbl for them already. I have shot one . . . great shooting guns.
    Back on topic now . . . to me a SERBU is not practical with it's limited capacity. Wondering,which brand of 14" non NFA would be best. The Moss has some good reviews. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Here is a pic of Remington's version. TAC-14. Built off a 870.
    Holds one less shell. Has the typical 870 loading gate which I consider a PITA. The Moss has none. Drop a shell in on top of the underside of the bolt,cycle action. Much slicker,much faster,ESPECIALLY with gloves on. MUCH prefer the safety on the Moss also.
    PLUS . . . . the Rem just aint as "cute". --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• 870 TAC-14 Right Side.png
      870 TAC-14 Right Side.png
      16.5 KB · Views: 314
    Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    When the Shockwave first came out, I thought "who the heck would want that?"
    I handled one today and it felt great. Would make a heck of a gun to take on trips.
    I'm kinda thinkin'.
    I just wonder what happens if the ATF changes its status?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unless the deciding factor is just price, there are other non NFA options:
    A pistol grip only (PGO) 12 ga firearm with a AOL over 26.
    The KSG 12 bullpup, (14 shells) has a AOL of 26.1.
    DP 12 bullpup, (16 shells) and AOL of 29.5.

The new "Shotty's" can double as a canoe paddle if needed. Lol

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Wondering if both or either of the forearms of the guns are wood or plastic.
    I would be looking at a replacement if I owned the Moss. Would not want something that hangs down though. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Regarding the position of the safety on the Mossberg vs the Remington:

In one review, the reviewer has a bandage on his hand due to not holding onto the grip with enough grip, and the safety slipping back and cutting up his hand.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Uhhhhhhhh . . . . was he a "girlie man" or a liberal "snowflake" ?? Does he also have "scope eyebrow" and "skateboard knee" ?? Does he "limp wrist" his Hi Point ?? Does he shake hands like he was shaking hands with the Queen of England ??
    Think I could handle that "beast" of a scatter gun ??
    Let me know now . . . . . I am SERIOUSLY thinking about buying one before Stanley or Dan does. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Uhhhhhhhh . . . . was he a "girlie man" or a liberal "snowflake" ?? Does he also have "scope eyebrow" and "skateboard knee" ?? Does he "limp wrist" his Hi Point ?? Does he shake hands like he was shaking hands with the Queen of England ??
    Think I could handle that "beast" of a scatter gun ??
    Let me know now . . . . . I am SERIOUSLY thinking about buying one before Stanley or Dan does. --- SAWMAN

The guy goes by Hickok 45. Here's a link to the video. He explains how the safety cut the web of his hand, and says it was his fault. My point being the cut would not have happened with the Remington version.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sounded like (to me) that he cut the web of his hand by shooting the gun ONE HANDED using his off hand. (He is obviously right handed)
    Sorry for his injury but . . . . . ??
    My gun will get a wrap of bicycle inner tube around the buttstock also. Don't know about leaving the strap on though. Would prefer to have something slim and sticky. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    To me - - -> My choice,the Moss is a 6 shot. Most cyl bore "riot guns" are 7 or 8 shot weapons.
    I will gladly trade two shots for the portability,ease of carry,pointability,possible vehicle use,in the tighter places of living quarters,for the difference of two shots.

BUT . . . . . . . . I choose to carry hipcap Glocks over a 1911. Never mind !! --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    interesting gun and design, but my Winchester defender with pistol grip holding 8 2 3/4" shells is more the size I would use..

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    IMO - - -> A full sized riot gun is somewhat hard to use in a setting that has a bunch to doorways,hallways,and areas with a bunch of obstructions. Most of these guns have waaaay too long of buttstock and they MUST have 18 inches of bbl. That makes the OAL . . . l o n g. Check them out. What is the shortest full sized riot gun offered ?? The "plus" for these guns is the added capacity,and the buttstock that you can hold against your hip or place to your shoulder. Most combat courses actually teach shooting these guns from different positions other than shouldered.
    The pistol grip guns have a somewhat shorter OAL. Some of them are outfitted with a vertical grip,up front. I had a combat shotgun instructor tell me that he coined a phrase in re. to shooting a pistol grip gun or a full length gun. " Pistol grip,from the hip". He was a big believer that a pistol grip gun should ONLY be fired from below your belly button. And that a vertical grip should NEVER be added. Also that a full stocked gun should ONLY be fired from the shoulder. This was quite some time ago and maybe things have changed now.
    To me,a great example of a civilian combat gun would be a pump or simi-auto that had a 12-14 inch bbl and a 12.5 inch LOP stock. Outfitted with a ghost ring rear only with med sized apature that was tritium. If the mag tube needed to extend no more than an inch out past the bbl to hold another shell,that would be acceptable.
    I have some time behind a Benelli M1 Super 90 with the Benelli 14" bbl. I personally found the LOP considerably long. Other than that,it was a fine gun. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    It sounds to me that whatever model of shotgun shooting firearm you own, you need to do some practice with it.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMHO, There are too many negatives against the selection of a shotgun (any) as the primary home defense weapon. These have been debated in other threads. The Rem & Moss shorty's are novelty guns like derringers that can do something but other guns can do those things better. I imagine a side by side double canoe paddle will hit the market soon, not practical either but old gangsta-cool. May resemble the Howda design.

Top Bottom