HD Tactical

Remington Model 710...........Anything Worse?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I could find one for $50-$100, I would just about get it to have something to play with. For that price, I would have some money to make it right and like I would like it. Looks like I may have to check a pawn shop or two.

In order to clarify......

I have asked some guys that work in some Pawn Shops what they would give for a 710.....Now that is not what they are going to sell it for...Although it does give them a chance to make a deal and a buyer a chance to buy a deal....if a 710 for $150.00 is a deal to a buyer.

I, personally....wouldn't give $150.00 for one.

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    ill take them all day for $50 or $100. you aint gonna impress anybody but itll kill the shit out of something under 150 yds as stated in an earlier post. everywhere i hunt is too thick to get a long shot and im a shitty shot anyway. if i can hit a paper plate im good. i just want some meat im not entering any matches no matter what gun i shoot. i have a ruger m77 mk 2 in .30/06 with a leupold vx-2 and i aint much better with it. the ruger sure looks a lot cooler though.

T-REX2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ill take them all day for $50 or $100. you aint gonna impress anybody but itll kill the shit out of something under 150 yds as stated in an earlier post. everywhere i hunt is too thick to get a long shot and im a shitty shot anyway. if i can hit a paper plate im good. i just want some meat im not entering any matches no matter what gun i shoot. i have a ruger m77 mk 2 in .30/06 with a leupold vx-2 and i aint much better with it. the ruger sure looks a lot cooler though.

We know you ain't worried bout looking cool or you wouldn't ride around in those pos Fords with your boyfriend KC's head in your lap!! LMao lets ho hunting ill drive my duramax an loan you my Sako with a Savworoski z6 on it!!

longbowelk

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My son in law got one of these for Christmas a few years back. He asked me to sight it in for him as he never really did. That gun was all over the place at 25 yards. My opinion is the gun is a joke. It is unbelievable to me that Remington would put their name on this. I have the 700BDL that is probably around 43 years old. It is still a great shooter, top notch quality. I also have a couple of the Model 7's, same story. I would not have one myself. I just thought I would share my opinion.

Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My son in law got one of these for Christmas a few years back. He asked me to sight it in for him as he never really did. That gun was all over the place at 25 yards. My opinion is the gun is a joke. It is unbelievable to me that Remington would put their name on this. I have the 700BDL that is probably around 43 years old. It is still a great shooter, top notch quality. I also have a couple of the Model 7's, same story. I would not have one myself. I just thought I would share my opinion.

We Agree.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sad to say, I bought the 770 this past Oct. It shoots very well but the bolt is rough, not a smooth action at all. Not too wild about the box mag either. My old Savage 110 was great (stolen) so I was looking for an affordable 30-06 replacement. Hopefully I can trade the 770 off... was really disappointed in Remington for this model!

Medic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep. My granddad had a "custom" Winchester model 70 in .25-06, that blew powder back out of the bolt and burned my cheeks. ALWAYS wear glasses. Could've been my eyes.

Was the barrel shorter than 26"??? I'd love another 25-06

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had my 710 since they first came out. Bought it brand new for 300 with two free boxes of ammo from Mikes when I first started hunting. Heard they had a recall but mine wasn't on the list. Mine is a tack driver and I can group less than an inch at 100yds and haven't adjusted the scope since the first time I sighted it in! Out the box it was and inch the the right at 100 and that's all I've done to it.

The negatives are that the bolt is stiff and it is picky with ammo in that it won't load some rounds. I've found that ballistics tips and winchester in the silver points are the only ones that will load with no problems.

Other than that I've killed all my deer so far with it except for with my bow. Been looking for a new gun but its been serving my great so I can't convince myself to buy a new one lol.

Broken Mower

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The 710 was a pos. I own a 770 in .300 win mag. I've never had an issue with it and many a deer and hogs ( and a turkey shhhhh) would tell you that it's deadly if they were still with us. I'm really shocked at the accuracy of the gun out to 400 yards. My buddy owns a 770 in 30-06 and he has killed God knows how many deer with it. It's not a pretty gun, but it puts meat in the freezer.

BLKRinnyrdr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have one, was my first hunting riffle. For $275 I was and have been pleased with it. I have long ago upgraded, shooting a Tikka T3, as is my son now. I still take the 710 to the range. Fairly spot on considering. Not stacking dimes like the tikka, but it will still kill a deer or hog!

Top Bottom