• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    How do some people decide, arbitrarily mind you, that their item for sale is worth more, somehow, in a trade?
    I think it's a tactic to get around some of the stuff we're complaining about here. "Yeah no way I'm getting $700 for my used Glock 19 Gen 3, but maybe I can trade it for this other guy's $700 P320c "new in box only taken to range 3 times"

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    How do some people decide, arbitrarily mind you, that their item for sale is worth more, somehow, in a trade?
    That has been explained sooo many times, if you can't understand why, then no point in explaining again. But I'll give it one more try for the new people.
    If I'm selling something that cost 1000.00 retail for a cash price of 700.00 I'm not willing to trade for a 700.00 retail item. It's just crazy the trade offers you get from some of you folks. Like you're fishing for fools.
    IE: 700.00 cash 1000 trade, so you will get a somewhat fair-trade offer, not an old Glock for a S&W 686.
    The trouble with trades is each player thinks he can get the better end of the deal. In all my dealings on here I have had 2-3 decent trade offers, all the others made me wonder what is wrong with you?
    Simple solution if you don't like it... don't offer a trade, sell your Mossberg 500 or Glock and buy it with cash.

L1A1

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Great thread here guys ! the number 1 thing that makes me pass on even looking at a firearm for sale is for the seller to tell me how RARE it is. that tells me that it is over priced and the seller is a Dumb A$$.

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That has been explained sooo many times, if you can't understand why, then no point in explaining again. But I'll give it one more try for the new people.
    If I'm selling something that cost 1000.00 retail for a cash price of 700.00 I'm not willing to trade for a 700.00 retail item. It's just crazy the trade offers you get from some of you folks. Like you're fishing for fools.
    IE: 700.00 cash 1000 trade, so you will get a somewhat fair-trade offer, not an old Glock for a S&W 686.
    The trouble with trades is each player thinks he can get the better end of the deal. In all my dealings on here I have had 2-3 decent trade offers, all the others made me wonder what is wrong with you?
    Simple solution if you don't like it... don't offer a trade, sell your Mossberg 500 or Glock and buy it with cash.
    I mean, sure, but nowhere else do I find this language when dealing with FS/T sections of forums. If it's worth $1000, it's worth $1000. Maybe be clearer about what you're willing to trade for? If I had a PC worth $1000, I wouldn't say I'll take $700 cash or $1000 trade. I'd just say I'm not interested in trades for x, y, and zee.
    Alternate simple solution: If you don't like receiving dumb offers, maybe just sell for cash from now on, or be more forthcoming on what you're looking for in trade.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    I mean, sure, but nowhere else do I find this language when dealing with FS/T sections of forums. If it's worth $1000, it's worth $1000. Maybe be clearer about what you're willing to trade for? If I had a PC worth $1000, I wouldn't say I'll take $700 cash or $1000 trade. I'd just say I'm not interested in trades for x, y, and zee.
    Alternate simple solution: If you don't like receiving dumb offers, maybe just sell for cash from now on, or be more forthcoming on what you're looking for in trade.
    ok

Last edited:

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've only ever sold things I completely lost interest in. They were well-cared for, quality firearms that I simply didn't want to store any longer. I did sell some USPSA Limited Division guns a long time ago to make money for a higher-end USPSA Limited gun though.

I generally figure my selling price by what exact guns have sold for in the last 30 days on Gunbroker, because that seems to be what the current market will bear. If I can't find an exact match, I start at 80-85% of retail and go down if the condition isn't good or I just know I've shot it a lot.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If I'm selling something that cost 1000.00 retail for a cash price of 700.00 I'm not willing to trade for a 700.00 retail item.
    iu

What you bought it for has zero relevance to what it is currently worth after you bought / used / whatever'ed it.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That's because it makes no sense. Things have a value, period dot.

I guess that's why I see a Cash Price / Trade Price ad and think...

iu

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    It really doesn't matter if you understand or not, I will not be entertaining any more Trades anyways, but it is always the person selling who gets to decide what and how the deal goes down, not the buyers or tire kickers. It's really just that simple.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It really doesn't matter if you understand or not, I will not be entertaining any more Trades anyways, but it is always the person selling who gets to decide what and how the deal goes down, not the buyers or tire kickers. It's really just that simple.
    iu

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    are you seriously saying you didn't understand the reasoning of the explanation i offered or just like playing with memes? I'm just saying that's why I do it, not sure about anyone else.

Top Bottom