• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Action

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I want to have some trigger work done on a python and need a recommendation on a good smith to do it. And what is usually a bill park price? Thanks

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    A guy named Frank Glenn in Arizona is highly regarded on the Colt forum. The trigger and hammer on Pythons are hard on the outer layer, but if stoned too aggressively, can go into the softer inner metal, and render the part ruined. Very few gunsmiths are qualified to work on Colt revolvers. Many will tell you they can work on them, and if you buy enough of them (Colt revolvers) you will be the disappointed owner of a screwed up gun.

Action

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have an old 6inch nickel that my father bought brand new in the 70's. Best trigger I ever pulled. I ended up with a 4inch stainless that got me through FBI firearms school after being told that using a python was cheating. Lol. I lucked up the other day and found a 6 inch stainless for 600 and couldn't let it get away but the trigger is nothing like my other 2. Can't decide if I should leave it alone or get it worked on. And no it wasn't stolen lol.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I have an old 6inch nickel that my father bought brand new in the 70's. Best trigger I ever pulled. I ended up with a 4inch stainless that got me through FBI firearms school after being told that using a python was cheating. Lol. I lucked up the other day and found a 6 inch stainless for 600 and couldn't let it get away but the trigger is nothing like my other 2. Can't decide if I should leave it alone or get it worked on. And no it wasn't stolen lol.

Wanna double your money?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Fair enough, I've had a few, but the gen 2, 6" nickel eludes me. Never had one that I would even consider having the trigger touched on though, but I suspect that's a newer one.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom