• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    seeing progress everytime I see her. spent the night with her Saturday..last night she was smiling when I walked in, a sight I have missed seeing the last two weeks...something on tv made her laugh..

hearing more numbers come out, beginning to understand some things, by guessing and suggesting things til I get it right..some still not clear, but pathways are being made for the brain for the info to get out.

she is still frustrated, but I can tell she is just putting the thought aside until she can voice it correctly.. walking slowly without a walker to the bathroom..

had her first shower Saturday, and another yesterday, the first one got her
    pretty tired, hit the bed quick after that...

thank you Lord.

Last edited:

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That sounds great, really good, one little step at a time. It takes intensive training to get the brain to find ways to go around the damaged cells. That is amazing that she is already walking unsupported, any distance at all. Things are looking up. Maybe telling Kim; do you realize that it took you way longer to train our children to walk than it is taking you to learn to walk again and both are the same thing. Might give her a little boost.
    Ed

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That sounds great, really good, one little step at a time. It takes intensive training to get the brain to find ways to go around the damaged cells. That is amazing that she is already walking unsupported, any distance at all. Things are looking up. Maybe telling Kim; do you realize that it took you way longer to train our children to walk than it is taking you to learn to walk again and both are the same thing. Might give her a little boost.
    Ed

yep, I told her it is like a 15 rnd fight, she won two rounds, but keep fighting

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Glory to God! my wife is being discharged tomorrow am....thank you all for the support, and the prayers..

I am so blessed to still have her...

caveman

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is wonderful news. Now on to the theripists for rehab training. Sure sounds like Kim is improving pretty quickly and things are looking good. Thumbs up.
    Ed

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang Caveman I just saw this thread. Praying for a speedy recovery for your wife and it already sounds like she's kicking ass!

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Back home! Well, Glory!!!
    My hopes, wishes, and prayer is that being around familiar surroundings will accelerate her recovery/healing.
    Also expecting some saints to show up and help with a few meals, etc...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Really glad that she is coming home. After all . . . that is where she will get the very best R&R and be surrounded by the people that truly care about her revovery.
    As I get older I try to make sure that I never take my wife for granted. Valentines Day is the premier day of remembrance. --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    yes, I am so glad, I got to sit on my hands to keep from waving at everybody...

she went with me to drop a dog off to the vet for surgery, and was very patient while I grabbed a thing or two @ home depot on the way back..energy level goes down pretty quick still, I have to get her a new ni-cad battery, hers doesn't hold a charge long...lol.

walking, talking, saying all the names of our pets...I am bringing her up to speed on what happened, she remembers almost nothing from the first week...

pt therapist is coming out today, speech therapist next week...I am working from home now for a while

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE PRAYERS!!! I consider you as brothers and sisters..

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, getting her home is a huge leap in recovery Caveman. Once the doctor released mine I actually saw visible improvement during the ride home from NOLA. She was supposed to go to her son's house for the first few weeks because his is single story and she wouldn't have to negotiate the stairs. By the time we had made it to Mobile she insisted she go the HER house against my protests. I gave in and when we pulled in the driveway she brightened up. Took her two tries to make those stairs to our bedroom and after that there was no looking back.

I'm not saying the stroke wasn't physically debilitating but there is a psychological component, a lack of confidence in abilities. Being back in a known, comfortable environment surrounded by familiarity was, in my opinion, the best medicine for a speedy recovery.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    thank you all...

she is at home, occupational therapist coming tomorrow, physical therapist is coming twice a week, leaving her homework exercises to do, she took a shower yesterday, unassisted,(I was very close by) making daily progress physically.

the speech therapist is who I am waiting on, she will be the key to Kim returning to a new normal...and making her feel she is not stupid, but has been gut punched in the brain. that is how I try to tell her what has happened to her....her brain has suffered a trauma, and has to make new connections to talk.

there are no "good" strokes, but I am blessed , and she also, that she is not paralyzed ...or personality loss in the brain..

I am lucky to be able to work from home, I have the office phone, computer, & connection to my work station...

the lights are on, the bar is down, and I can hear the train coming....

she is alive, because He is alive, and took the stripes for her.

picman60

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Our prayers are going out for you and your wife may God give complete healing! In Jesus name!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom