• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    In 1978 my granny had a major stroke that the Doctors said she wouldn't recover from
    They didn't know granny 4 years later she was walking around in Mexico with the family
    Her recovery took almost 3&1/2 years but she was 78 years old when she had the stroke
    Just be patient and never give up, recovery can be slow but it is possible. The road to full recovery is not easy but with Gods help she will get there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    just got home from sacred heart. leaving her to sleep @ night, they have started giving her stuff to help her sleep, they could not before. she is in good hands, & making little baby steps of progress...she counted to 3 tonight...first time I have heard that..

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    just got home from sacred heart. leaving her to sleep @ night, they have started giving her stuff to help her sleep, they could not before. she is in good hands, & making little baby steps of progress...she counted to 3 tonight...first time I have heard that..

Shes ahead of the curve compared to my wife at this many days into recovery,

BigDaddy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength.

~ 1 Corinthians 15:43

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Cognative improvement of the upper left lobe is a great sign. The ability to put one thing plus another plus another, in proper order is the upper frontal left lobe working, a good thing for sure. Without the upper left frontal lobe, no writing, no speaking, no walking, etc., it is the unscrambler or decoder of brain signals. But when it gets messed up, it takes time to put it back in operational condition. From experiance, every little improvement after a stroke is great and is an indication of better things to come. Prayers still.
    Ed

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just finished reading this verse and it spoke to me, hope it does to you too.

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance in what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

I have spent my share laid out in a hospital bed and the love of my family, hope and faith in God brought me thru some very dark days.

God bless you guys and hoping she gets outta the hospital soon.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Glory to God.

she was discharged from sacred heart, to w fl rehab stroke ctr, where the real recovery begins, getting back language and mobility

I am thrilled...sacred heart was great, very helpful, and dignified treatment to her, w fl seems to be the same mindset

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That is GREAT.. hoping and Praying for the best outcome and for you to take care of yourself!

got a bit of a sleep deficit, but I make a mean cup of coffee, and keep the temps cold in the car..before driving a desk, I was used to long hrs, just have to suck it up buttercup, that's what I tell me.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is good news, hospital believes she is out of the woods, past immediate additional injury, and ready for rehab. The rehab folks will start the process of working around the damaged area and training the healthy areas to function to do new tasks. It is a slow process sometimes but the brain can and will respond, learning walking, talking, reading, writing with different areas.

I have had three in my family go through strokes and my wife was diagnosed with Parkinson's two weeks after we were married. Being a care giver requires a lot of patience and showing an upbeat continence all the time, even when things get the darkest. Talk to folks that give you a good feeling and smile. He never gives us any task in life that we can not handle. Best of luck and prayers for you both.
    Ed

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    she had her first evaluation from the speech therapist Thursday...some bright points, but a long way to go....

she is depressed, and I know is feeling isolated, not being able to be understood..

frustration on both of our parts is at a high level., God I love her so, I need to stay positive, but it is hard right now. I am kinda of depressed also, with a high level of anger..i can tell you one thing, no assholes need to be anyway near me in the next few weeks, I will go jihad on them hard.

this was a pretty major stroke what they tell me...I am blessed that she is alive.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Ya'll are in for the long haul, try to relax and it will help relax her, frustration is enormous, I know, went through tough times caring for my Mom and could have been more patient. Prayers and a beer always helped me..God Bless you both.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know frustration is easy but it's also counter productive. She doesn't need the stress. I k ow it's hard, almost impossible to not get that way but you gotta stay positive in her presence.

Top Bottom