• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    well just contacted by the detective and was told if i do not delete this whole thread he would arrest me . and that if i contact anyone with any compaints about he handeles his case load he will arrest me... WOW what should i do.

I think that is Police abuse and should be reported to his supervisors...expect a ticket or worse after this though...report that too!

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe he is mad he has to work , have respect for leo but i also know that it is just a job.What would you do to keep your job.
    This,I know they deal with scumbags all day,just dont treat me like like one and insult my intelligence by tring to bully me into complying with unfounded orders like I dont know my rights .Again this is DEFINATELY NOT the case with all cops,this could happen anywhere by anyone in an authoritive role.Some people do not understand it is alot more bennificial to their cause to simply ASK nicely to hold off on comments rather than DEMAND that you delete your thread..".OR ELSE.."especially when you are the one that payed for a gun that you do not get to have,I am the last one EVER to claim discrimination on anyone for anything I can assure you. But if you start playing with my guns,money,and freedom( lol OBAMA) the bullshit flag would be soaring over the sheriffs office. It amazes me how people do things that you are taught as a child not to do. Do onto others as you would like to be done yourself.I would certainly like to think he was having a bad day or something,that certainly is not the MOA of the Escambia guys ,at least the ones I know.At the end of the day people are people...

Floorguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I can relate i have alot of friends and family in law enforcment county,city and fedral. I also know my rights. i would be mad if it was my gun.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any any profession (law enforcement included) there are varying levels of professionalism amongst the officers. There are also "good" and "bad" officers -- some are in the wrong profession, again as in any job.

You have committed no crime -- neither by asking questions nor by posting this thread. He is hoping his veiled threats cause you to alter your level of inquiry -- and to save face. Reporting the behavior to supervisors at the department is the correct step at this point. If the issue isn't cleared up quickly, and your property (the gun) returned to you -- you may have grounds for a civil rights violation (42 USC 1983) due to illegal seizure of property. Those types of cases are taken very seriously by law enforcement agencies -- as well as the provider of the agency's law enforcement liability insurance (most likely the Sheriff's Association program in Florida). Such violations are not subject to the state tort caps, but go to federal court. IF this officer arrested you for asking questions -- or placing this post on the forum, you would have a claim of false arrest (another 42 USC 1983 violation) that could result in a severe damage award against the officer and department. If it can be proven to be an egregious violation (which it would) of your civil rights -- the officer could also be subject to criminal penalties...

If you don't feel that you are being dealt with properly by the first line supervisor -- ask to speak with his/her supervisor. Continue up that chain until you reach the Sheriff if necessary. If that fails, or the officer continues to try to intimidate you -- heaven forbid arrest you -- send me a PM and I will give you some plantiff attorney recommendations who will take your case on a contingency basis (no fee unless they win the case and collect damages for you).

It took a call to a State Senator before I got my Glock back from the FDLE after my self defense shooting incident last December. I got it back in about 3 months time though... Not too bad a turn-around, and although they had "marked" the ammo and the cases & bullets that they test fired -- they had not marked or altered my handgun in any way.

Sorry to hear you're dealing with this issue and good luck!

Hubbyandwife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He probably wants to keep the gun for himself, or at least play with it awhile. Or maybe even swap some parts from it to fix his own. I don't trust them any further than I can throw them. Most of them have a pissy attitude unless you know them personally. I have a childhood friend on the Pensacola PD. He is a nice guy, but his attitude toward the general public has gone down hill over the past 10 years or so.

On another note....I had a family member commit suicide 30 yrs ago with an old Colt revolver which was cherry. It took an act of congress to get the PD to turn it over. Turned out one of the officers had taken it home. C ould be the case with Mr. Man.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What about the gun store? I would be up there demanding my money or same type gun now. If he sold me a stolen gun I would think he should honor the refund?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FlyandScuba Is on the money. I would hold off on the press for a bit. When you pull that trigger you cant stop it. Once you dump it there, any co-op you may have had at the SO will dry up. Line Sup's may be hard to pin down. Call the Sheriff. You will not talk to him then BUT I bet you hear back from his office shortly. ID the multiple threats of arrest and the Officers stated reason. Also be clear to ID that a firearm was taken into evidence (not Confiscated). Use the Officers name and badge number.

The Officer was probably working other cases and had not followup on the Sig. Your Sherlock work and results are the rub. Info from the Officer that he knows what you posted on the Forum tells you that he has done some work checking on you and found connections between your real name and what you use here and elsewhere.

Often when PD's change firearms and they upgrade with the same MFG they can trade them in. The factory refurbishes them and sells them to distributors. This may be why your's went to the Sig factory then to Texas.

WR

Last edited:

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i have repect for LEO's but the threats wer not called for. and the lack of right knowing the left is scary. one more day before the media is involved

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It did go Ok .. happy to have her home... and met a fellow forum member while i was picking it up.. very nice guy and He knows his guns !!

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    so all that drama and an update of "got my gun back...yay"?

come on man, spill the beans!!! how'd it go? what'd they say?

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    so all that drama and an update of "got my gun back...yay"?

come on man, spill the beans!!! how'd it go? what'd they say?

LOL they will not say much about the gun. but i am glad i got it back. as with the problem with the detective i do not know what is going on i filed a citizen compaint with the major and from what i am told he is a very good guy to work with and he will follow through and do it well. I got a good vibe from him... i will update that at a later time.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I filed a complaint once as a 21 yr old when my 1 day old brand new car was almost taken out by a cruiser who proceeded to do 80 in a 35 cutting everyone off with no lights or sirens. I got pulled over 3 times that week for no reason what so ever and held approx 30 mins each time. Not advisable, however, someones gotta keep them in check

gustapo

Top Bottom