• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got a New to me Sig Sauer p226 made in W. germany. My gun i have been waiting for ever... Now utill this is all over with i will not say what store at this time. but long story short i was given an order by SRCSO
    to tun the gun in, I did, the detective showed me the paper work and the model number is not a match . now on the phone with ATF agent Angel casanova and they say the SO should have not taken the gun from me becouse of this. the gun was stolen in 97 recovered and sent to SIG in 2004 and resold in TX in 2006 then to me in 2012. WTF why me and any imput?

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yes got a reciept for it and now i talked to ATF, FBI, and now the reporting agency camdon nj pd. the gun is showing for the fbi as a stolen police duty weapon from camdon pd. camdon pd is saying they never issed any sig sauer to any officer and that it must be an error. but that they can not find the paperwork due to age even after i gave them the case number and the NIC number.so they will call me back when they find something. but still my gun is in srcso hands.

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    now i have let everything go for now. sitting and waiting and i get a phone call saying let me do my job and stop medeling and as far as he knows i'm part of the gun theft... lol stolen in NJ in 97 recovered and not taken out of NCIC and now i'm involved... What a fun day ohh and i am not to contact anyone else. WOW ...

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well now Dept. of Law Enforcement Major Steve Collier is involved. hope i did not just sh*t where i sleep. the majors comment is that" it sounds like i did the work for the detective that he should have already had done before calling you." why is this such a pain in the butt..

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well just contacted by the detective and was told if i do not delete this whole thread he would arrest me . and that if i contact anyone with any compaints about he handeles his case load he will arrest me... WOW what should i do.

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, me personally? I would contact the Sheriff and explain to him what is going on. If that fails, call the resident agency office of the FBI in Pensacola and talk to Jimmy Stewart and tell him that you feel your civil rights are being violated. (if indeed that is what you are feeling). There is always the old standy "interferring with an investigation", but asking questions of the LEO that is handling a case isn't interferring with anything but maybe the ego of that particular Officer or Deputy. Now, if you said I am gonna go do "something" and that sounded like interference, thats a different story. Questions?

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, me personally? I would contact the Sheriff and explain to him what is going on. If that fails, call the resident agency office of the FBI in Pensacola and talk to Jimmy Stewart and tell him that you feel your civil rights are being violated. (if indeed that is what you are feeling). There is always the old standy "interferring with an investigation", but asking questions of the LEO that is handling a case isn't interferring with anything but maybe the ego of that particular Officer or Deputy. Now, if you said I am gonna go do "something" and that sounded like interference, thats a different story. Questions?

done. meeting a supervisor to pick up the forms now

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1. Minor Admin Errors (mdl #) will not invalidate the report. If SIG has a Mdl XXX with the same serial #: then you have something. the travels of the weapon per ATF data only cover "reported" transactions. Stolen from XXXXX PD does not just mean Officers. I could have been evidence from a case or removed from a domestic call (just because it was in the house) NJ has very strict handgun laws. So it may have been "lifted" while at the PD. Not that Jersey Cops are dirty, I'm sure the Butler did it.

WR

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No the gun was a Police officers duty weapon this was told to me by the reporting agency. they also stated it was recovered but never removed from ncic.
    1. Minor Admin Errors (mdl #) will not invalidate the report. If SIG has a Mdl XXX with the same serial #: then you have something. the travels of the weapon per ATF data only cover "reported" transactions. Stolen from XXXXX PD does not just mean Officers. I could have been evidence from a case or removed from a domestic call (just because it was in the house) NJ has very strict handgun laws. So it may have been "lifted" while at the PD. Not that Jersey Cops are dirty, I'm sure the Butler did it.

WR

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No i did not try to sell it .. I got the gun from the gun store and owned it for a month or two, then the gun store owner called me to have me read him the serial number i asked why and he told me it was poss stolen and to not sell or lose it. then 4 days later i get a call from the detective to please bring him the gun . I compied he showed me his paper work and it showed it as a sig p228 sub compact stolen from nj pd it was a police officers duty weapon. so i called atf they derected me to FBI then i called them they told me the story of the gun and told me to call the reporting agency. i did they said the gun was stolen from an officer at a defferant dept. but was recovered and they do not know why it was not removed from ncic. they were going to work on this for me to help clear up the problem. they were very nice both NJ departments. its the detective of santa rosa county sherrifs department that is now the problem. I thought at first he was a nice guy trying to help... but after i found all the info for him and cleared my gun. ( waiting for the paperwork to him) He got mad.

b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What charge would they arrest you for, for leaving this thread up?

This is my thought.... You haven't said any names or bashed anyone on a person level, you are merely asking advice in your situation... Good luck buddy

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How did he know about the thread would be my question...?

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am sure he is well aware of the first ammendment,unless under a gag order from a judge,cencored by congress,or retain security clearance you say what you want when you want.Sounds to me W.E.A.R. as would the PNJ like to hear your story. sounds like he is the only one that has an active investigation,everyone else knows the deal,You can not hinder an investigation that does not exist....

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    called channel 3 and PNJ will hear more from them tommorow.. i hate this i always try to befriend LEO's. this is a shock to me....

Top Bottom