• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Is this number of officers normal for this? Were there even more officers around back to catch the rabbits?

It also looks like one of the flashbangs was thrown inside or right at the front of the house.

First video of this X Post....

Video

The amount of personnel depends on multiple factors... results of the threat assessment, number of targets believed to be at the location, number of overall occupants believed to be at the location, potential for crowds to gather and run interference, number of associated outbuildings and/or vehicles, size or complexity of the structure, fortifications of the structure, are just some of the considered factors when allocating personnel.

Most agencies supplement these operations with traffic units to block the area off as the operation kicks off, road patrol units on a 360-degree outer perimeter, other assets such as Detectives or K9 occupying a tighter inner perimeter, members with advanced medical training on the heals of the team (we use dedicated SWAT medics), chase vehicles pre-positioned for a go-mobile response, DRONE units on the outer perimeter, etc... it can be as simple as a five-man operation or as complex as a fifty-plus man operation. .

ETA- right or wrong, including people in an operation whether or not they are "really" needed is a way of people getting experience in the totality of what's involved in a warrant service. It's one of those things that the more you do it the better you become.

When we had a dry spell, and time allowed, we would run mock operations just to knock the dust off and id shortfalls. There have been times where we practiced moments right up to the actual operation.

What a lot of critics have to say about the visuals of operations is mainly just white noise. I agree sometimes an operation could be accomplished just as safe and effective with a smaller element vs. a large one, but I have also been a part of operations that took an unexpected turn reference violence and many more people present than the intel suggested even though we had eyes on the target location hours prior.

We hit a location one time and I swear the meth heads came out of nowhere... cars, out buildings, the woods... it was literally like a scene out of the walking dead.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My thoughts are what if it is your house that get raided by mistake. Somebody shoots my dogs and I just might get upset. SWAT has the advantage of surprise, planning, numbers, and equipment and they likely have plates that can stop any gun that I might own.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    My thoughts are what if it is your house that get raided by mistake. Somebody shoots my dogs and I just might get upset. SWAT has the advantage of surprise, planning, numbers, and equipment and they likely have plates that can stop any gun that I might own.
    Think asymmetrically. its the only hope any of us has.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I'm not advocating shooting ANYONE... but if you had to, and you believe they have a superior protective posture, there are alternative places to shoot target wise... I don't think many people can shake off a hi-powered rifle round to the head, knee, or groin.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again:

I’m not a dirtbag, and there is ZERO reason for anyone to kick in my doors. With that in mind, if someone DOES, I don’t care who they say they are or who supposedly signs their paychecks: they’ve got the Wrong House, and everything that happens is on them. I will defend myself and my family to the fullest extent. My conscience is clear, and my resolve is 100%.

MarkJ

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again:

I’m not a dirtbag, and there is ZERO reason for anyone to kick in my doors. With that in mind, if someone DOES, I don’t care who they say they are or who supposedly signs their paychecks: they’ve got the Wrong House, and everything that happens is on them. I will defend myself and my family to the fullest extent. My conscience is clear, and my resolve is 100%.

Let's assume this house that was just raided was your house and the LEO's had the wrong address. The odds for success of repelling a breech that you didn't know was coming with the number of officers in this video is zero.

Imagine you're sitting in your living room watching TV, a knock comes immediately followed by 'This is the Police we have a warrant". Three seconds from that moment they are in your living room. Even if you had the reflexes to fire off a couple rounds from an EDC you would be immediately met with return fire.

Maybe there would be survivors to cash in on the lawsuit when the dust settles but I'm fairly confident you wouldn't be one of them.

The only scenario where everyone involved has the best chance to live is going to be the one where compliance is achieved by those getting raided. You can sort out the mistakes in court if everyone lives but its a losing proposition to try and sort them out with gunfire during the raid.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Let's assume this house that was just raided was your house and the LEO's had the wrong address. The odds for success of repelling a breech that you didn't know was coming with the number of officers in this video is zero.

Imagine you're sitting in your living room watching TV, a knock comes immediately followed by 'This is the Police we have a warrant". Three seconds from that moment they are in your living room. Even if you had the reflexes to fire off a couple rounds from an EDC you would be immediately met with return fire.

Maybe there would be survivors to cash in on the lawsuit when the dust settles but I'm fairly confident you wouldn't be one of them.

The only scenario where everyone involved has the best chance to live is going to be the one where compliance is achieved by those getting raided. You can sort out the mistakes in court if everyone lives but its a losing proposition to try and sort them out with gunfire during the raid.

You handle illegal home invasions the way you see fit. I’ll handle them the way I see fit.

“Repelling a breech” vs defending yourself and your family.

So, are you saying that if someone breaks into your home yelling that they are the police, you will just comply and give up? You’ll default to just “trust them”? That’s your choice.

For me and mine, we KNOW what our responses WILL be. We have ZERO desire to simply roll over and allow some stranger to do what they want to us “just in case it’s a mistaken LEO”. Nope. OUR experience shows that evil exists, and we don’t plan to give it an inch of compliance. If it happens to be LEO, then that’s THEIR unprofessional mortal mistake.

If if if...

Think critically. Decide what you’re willing to do. Live your life.

Good luck to us all in this new society of half-ass “professionals” and spineless “heads of households”.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Unwinnable argument, and an even worse situation for an honest homeowner and family to be in. Likely people will die in the home and in the attacking police force. If a no knock is executed on the wrong house then all involved should be subject to criminal and civil prosecution. It’s sheer stupidity to be at the wrong house, and you should not be trusted with the authority and power that you’re trying to execute and you should be held accountable above anything else. Maybe only then will this nonsense come to an end...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

The problem is you do not know if it is the police or even bailbond agents looking for a fugitive or even a gang of criminals. Criminals can dress like swat. You just do not know. With a shotgun for armor, aim at the chin, upper thighs and groin, upper arms and arm pits.
    It is not that hard to SWAT someone with a phone call.

MarkJ

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You handle illegal home invasions the way you see fit. I’ll handle them the way I see fit.

“Repelling a breech” vs defending yourself and your family.

So, are you saying that if someone breaks into your home yelling that they are the police, you will just comply and give up? You’ll default to just “trust them”? That’s your choice.
    <snip>
    Big difference between 'someone breaks into your home' and a SWAT element of 20+ officers is on your doorstep with a warrant. I'm absolutely certain I can tell the difference between the two.

If "Someone" breaks into my home they are getting shot. If a SWAT element breaks into my home when they have absolutely no reason to do so I'll let them do what they need to and I'll stay alive. Then I'll take it to the courts to get my redemption.

I'm not willing to kill officers or die in the process because a warrant mistakenly gets served at my house instead of where it should get served.

You are of course free to take whatever action you feel is right for you and your family.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Big difference between 'someone breaks into your home' and a SWAT element of 20+ officers is on your doorstep with a warrant. I'm absolutely certain I can tell the difference between the two.

If "Someone" breaks into my home they are getting shot. If a SWAT element breaks into my home when they have absolutely no reason to do so I'll let them do what they need to and I'll stay alive. Then I'll take it to the courts to get my redemption.

I'm not willing to kill officers or die in the process because a warrant mistakenly gets served at my house instead of where it should get served.

You are of course free to take whatever action you feel is right for you and your family.

Well, perhaps if more folks had the backbone to shoot any dumbass bastard who wrongfully broke into their HOME, then maybe more LEO would triple check that they got the right place AND that it’s actually worth the inevitable risk.

However, like I said before, since we now live in a society with “professionals” who more and more half-ass their job, and more and more “heads of households” are spineless cuckholds, then stupid government overreach will continue.

Again, good luck to us all.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At the moment the police in pace, fl have a street blocked off near me and are looking for someone that stabbed someone else. They have so I have been told locked down Pace, FL school and the nearby grade school.
    I wonder if anyone will start searching homes.
    A neighbor further down the street just posted it on facebook. She can see the cops from where she is.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At the moment the police in pace, fl have a street blocked off near me and are looking for someone that stabbed someone else. They have so I have been told locked down Pace, FL school and the nearby grade school.
    I wonder if anyone will start searching homes.
    A neighbor further down the street just posted it on facebook. She can see the cops from where she is.
    latest update
    They have him - my teacher friend just confirmed

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Secure entry points against known tools of engagement. No one is getting in my house quickly or quietly. Have plans and codewords.
    Exterior doors that open outward covered by substantial storm doors thst also open outward...

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not undertaking the thug life has pretty much kept cops n gangstas away from my front door ,got friends on both sides of the meter but i prefer the badges over the tats
    Hmmm. I'll stay with who I know I can trust. Clothing, accoutrements, and skin art aren't really factors, just observable at distance.

Last edited:

bowona13

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To much militarization of police forces. in the U.S., caused largely by the federal government. Hey but what do I know, only did it for 32 years. Some where along the line, somebody forgot about "PROTECT AND SERVE"

Top Bottom