• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    First off... prayers for you and your family, I can't even begin to think how difficult it is to have such a loss. My God be with you on this journey that is no doubt going to last a lifetime. It's AOK to go have private time and let it out.

With that said, and I mean absolutely no disrespect but it needs to be said, not many things tear a marriage/family apart like the loss of a child. I've seen it a few times in my line of work. People handle the death of a child in different ways and usually the mother is the one that exhibits the most behavior changes from what I've seen.

Continue to stay strong for your family and continue to communicate your feelings to your wife. I pray she turns to you and family for support vs. outsiders... I can understand how that adds to your load that only you can carry. I hope her external communications are just a "reaching out" for some answer(s) that she might not never find... I hope she realizes this sooner than later.

In the end, there may come a time where you might have to make some hard calls as to where your life's path takes you and who joins you on that path. It's my prayer that your family unit takes that path going forward.

Terminerd

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Our beautiful five year boy started walking unsteady and falling and then he couldn’t move his eyes from side to side. He has been diagnosed with a Glioma. I can’t type mulch more cause I can’t see through my tears. Holding it together in front of my wife but she is out talking to some of the doctors. If any of you has any experience or knowledge with this type of tumor please post or PM me. Thank you
    In my prayers

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Praying for you brother. Whatever the outcome be true to yourself and your kids.

It has been a rough 2.5 years for me since my FIL died in front of me and I had to give him CPR for 20+ mins waiting for EMS. I know this is a different situation but I am finally getting back to normal. Took too long for me to talk to someone and I wish I would have earlier. Find someone to talk to. You have to vent and get it off your chest. I fell off as the provider and strong father and husband I was and I can see how it has affected the respect I used to have. No one will ever understand your personal battle but you. So fight hard and don’t let yourself fall off the wagon too far. It’s hard to get back up. This doesn’t mean don’t grieve and take time for yourself but get help. Don’t do it alone and put your faith in God.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    More prayers coming to you. You have been through probably the hardest thing in life. I hope and pray you and your family get the strength from all the prayers going out for you to make it through the tough times ahead.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don’t what to say, other than I’m praying for you. My wife and I just prayed the prayer flcaveman posted above. She’s been through everything you mentioned your wife has above. The only thing that’s brought her any level of peace is God. Well both keep praying for your family.

You can’t bare this weight alone, trying will only make it worse. Lay it at His feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreeZdLightNin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    My wife has been through similar issues as your wife but I know that others' experiences don't make it any easier for you. We will continue to pray for your family and yourself.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Praying for you brother. Whatever the outcome be true to yourself and your kids.

It has been a rough 2.5 years for me since my FIL died in front of me and I had to give him CPR for 20+ mins waiting for EMS. I know this is a different situation but I am finally getting back to normal. Took too long for me to talk to someone and I wish I would have earlier. Find someone to talk to. You have to vent and get it off your chest. I fell off as the provider and strong father and husband I was and I can see how it has affected the respect I used to have. No one will ever understand your personal battle but you. So fight hard and don’t let yourself fall off the wagon too far. It’s hard to get back up. This doesn’t mean don’t grieve and take time for yourself but get help. Don’t do it alone and put your faith in God.
    amen

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have read and followed this thread since day one, but never had the courage to post to it because I could not find any words that I felt could help you through such a difficult time. Again and again, I would return and read the updates and my heart sank more and more with each word posted. I can feel your pain within every word you typed and yet could not figure out how to say anything that would help in any way. I felt it was best to not say anything because there was nothing I could conjure up that could relieve your pain or ease your mind.
    As I continued to watch and read, it became clear that time has not allowed you any relief from the pain of Jack's passing.

I began to try and relate to your pain but somehow I can find nothing in my 52 years on earth that I can even remotely come close to the loss of a child. My kids have been sick, spent nights in the hospital, gotten hurt, broke bones, but have always bounced back. Kids are resilent in that way. So I can in no way put myself into your shoes of losing a child or the pain and anguish that comes with the aftermath of such a loss.

All I can do it pass on my prayers to you and your family. Know this, Christmas is not about a tree or presents. Lights and decorations make no difference. Those are all "feel good" things that the commercial world wants us to focus on. Christmas is about the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Know that Jack is sitting at the Lord's table watching over you and is there for you. Close your eyes and speak to him, he will hear you. Give your heart to Jesus for healing. Know that He will heal you. Maybe not in the manner that you seek in the human word, but in the spirit world you will heal. In time you will also heal in the human world but you will always carry the scars of the flesh. Jesus was also a son in the human flesh that died on the cross and rose again so that our sins could be paid in full. You will heal. Time heals all wounds, no matter how deep the cut. Know that you can overcome this and move forward in a position to help others going through what you have been through.

Know that Jack loves you. He can hear you. He will always be by your side. Wake up every day and talk to him. You will heal.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Thank you all. I still pray. For her, for our kids, for us, for Jack, and for no other family to experience this horror. Harder to expect anything from it since it Didn’t save our Jack, and he was simply the best ever, but maybe, just maybe some other kid will be healed and the parents will not have to navigate this nightmare.

See other kids on the internet with dipg (refuse to capitalize it) and I can see it in their face, don’t even have to read what they have cause I already know. It kills me every time. Texted with some of the parents to let them know I am praying and they are not alone.

Our friends who have lost a daughter took us to the National candle lighting ceremony for lost family members at a church in Pcola the other night. Honestly I was not aware how I have shut down and just gone into autopilot, working, taking care of the animals, feeding the kids, cleaning house, keeping my head down and my feet moving. Then at the candle ceremony as they came around and everyone spoke of their loved one, a mother who had lost her child 40 years ago spoke. She was crying like it happened recently, and it hit me. This is a long haul problem and I hadn’t been able to raise my head to even think about next week, much less next month or next year. Haven’t lifted a weight or hit the bag since August, rarely eat, stopped taking vitamins/supplements, etc.

Kids are doing very well. Tell each other we love one another even more than we did before.
    They were petrified with my recent skin cancer scare, but it has been cut out and my arm is healing pretty well considering the five inches of stitches. Looks like something out of a horror movie.

This process has made me realize what a loner I really am, most other folks don’t place the value on being a friend I do, and now being older it’s just even harder. The folks who did have those standards were few and far between so you end up a loner. Usually I like it but then some stuff like this happens and you find yourself on the internet just posting like a loon.

Did not mean to discuss my marital issues. Everyone has them. They were there before Jack’s illness, only magnified now. This ain’t freaking Dr. Phil. Won’t be mentioned again.

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This forum was started about guns , But it has become so much more. A man's room, A bar so to speak and we are each other's bartender. The world can be a cold place, But I have seen more warmth and compassion in these pages that I have anywhere in a long time. We have to be strong for our family and put up A good front. But here we can be human And ask for help.So I say put your heart on these pages.

Latest posts

Top Bottom