• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The violent crime in Pensacola is high, we all know that. But what I'm wondering, and not finding any answers on, is what the heck changed over the last several years that has caused the jump? I'd like to hear from the Escambia sheriff on what exactly cause this to happen so much. Did a new gang make Pensacola their home? Was a new drug brought into town? Did a bunch of inmates and/or illegal aliens get released/shipped in? Did the ghetto dwellers suddenly get pushed out of a few neighborhoods into the rest of the community like viruses exploding from a lysed cell? What the heck is it?

I live in Santa Rosa, but I just got hired by Baptist Hospital, so I've still got some personal interest. You guys have any clues about specific events or patterns that have caused Pensacola to become so seedy? I don't think it was quite like this in the 1990's and early 2000's.

Big T

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The cockroaches definitely fanned out from New Orleans area after Katrina. That is one, the second is signal25's idea. The entire country has become more violent. It all started when the flower children decided no reason to give little Biff and Buffy a spanking when a time out would do just as well. The consequences of wrongful doing have become so light, there is little deterrent to do right if the kid doesn't want to.

The third is the encouragement of Government welfare as opposed to working hard, getting an education and making welfare an emergency need, not a way of life. Ok.. soapbox just broke. See what I mean?? Even my soap box is made of cheap chinese plastic instead of American factory quality. :p

BigDaddy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The cockroaches definitely fanned out from New Orleans area after Katrina. That is one, the second is signal25's idea. The entire country has become more violent. It all started when the flower children decided no reason to give little Biff and Buffy a spanking when a time out would do just as well. The consequences of wrongful doing have become so light, there is little deterrent to do right if the kid doesn't want to.

The third is the encouragement of Government welfare as opposed to working hard, getting an education and making welfare an emergency need, not a way of life. Ok.. soapbox just broke. See what I mean?? Even my soap box is made of cheap chinese plastic instead of American factory quality. :p
    Amen to this. Give handouts all the time, there is no incentive to go and look for a job, you can sell dope from your lazy boy.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think Ivan and Katrina may have been a one-two punch that added to the mess mentioned by Big T. I lived in Warrington and it seemed that the first few months after Ivan there was a major uptick in crime. I was told at the time it was illegals flowing in for all the construction jobs.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Personally I believe its a lot to do with child rearing an this USA, taking God out of everything, its becoming more an more apparent that the very things our forefathers fought for are slowly being taken away, its the molly cirus junk that our kids an teens are watching, killing games our kids are playing, ok off my soapbox made in tiawan , an sadly a lot of adults??? are not aware or don't care what is happening to our America!!! Just my 4 cents

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't really pay much attention to crime trends like I should but I really wonder just how much meth is adding to the problem. When I do hear things I'm surprised how close to home its happening and the oddest places those labs are showing up.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Pensacola and frankly,all of Escambia County is a cesspool. The low life's are everywhere and are starting to get "organized". I believe that I know what Signal25 was gonna say in his post #4 and I would most likely agree. Given what I know now I would have never moved back here after I retired. I am ashamed of the area and it's people in general. BUT ....... that's another story. And what I would say would be deemed to be highly raciest,but the truth.

The latest "wake up" for me and my wife was the car jacking that took place where we most always get gas. During the daylight hours at the corner of Hwy.29 and the Muskogee Rd. by the IP Mill, a lady filled her SUV. She headed into the store(big Raceway)to pay her bill. While she was away from her car a black male entered into the back part of the vech. When she came back she did not notice him and drove off. He then threatened her with a "knife",and told her to drive ..... where ever. At some point she stopped and started blowing the horn. He slugged her,she exited the vech,he drove off with it,and it was found a short while later. She was ..... uhhhh...lucky.

This AM my wife and I parked her SUV in the driveway. We went thru the different sanerieo's and possibilities. Her vech does not have blacked out windows and she can quite easily see into the back seat and behind the back seat before she gets into the vech. Another "plus" is that we both have gas cards and we do not have to go into the building. My wife also carries a pistol anytime she is away from the house. We practiced with that today both in the SUV and out at the "gas pump". If pumping gas you can always use the pump handle and the flow of gas as a weapon. OR ....pull it out of the vech and drop it. Do not get caught between the pump,your vech,and the hose.

Bottom line ...... I told her,give them your vech,give them your wallet,NEVER give up your firearm(which is in her purse)and ABSOLUTELY NEVER go with the jacker. NEVER !!! --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pensacola and frankly,all of Escambia County is a cesspool.

That was the impression I got of the area in just the few short years that I lived out that way. I could never understand why everyone I talked to thought that area was "paradise". I thought it was a dump

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I think a lot of it is as was said earlier, a big influx of scum after Katrina. Then you've got music and movies glamorizing the thug life. Plus, in some neighborhoods, there's not a grown, respectable man in sight.
    Welfare hoes having 10 kids by 10 different men. Work never enters into the picture.
    Plus I believe most of the theft and a lot of the violence is tied to drugs.
    An addict will take chances and steal anything he can to get that next fix and the pawn shops and gold-buying places aren't helping. They need to be clamped down on.

wld1985

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I came out of the tom thumb the other day carring a Fountain Drink.. A Black guy came up and said hey you know anything about cars, I said yea alittle.. He told me he was having fuel issue's and his car was over in the sams parking lot.. But him and his wife needed a ride right down the road, I said before davis? Not even that far man, just right down there towards the interstate.. I said Oh man I cant do it, He then ask me if I like ""Tabs"" and he'd hook me up with some if I gave them a ride.. I told him no and I had to go,the boss was waiting..

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    My problem is when they come up and try to get close to talk to you. I've had to tell them to stop right there a couple of times. I feel like a jerk, but I can't risk it, especially if I've got my little ones with me.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I must lead a charmed life, I don't notice or hear about a lot of what I would say violent crimes, but I am not out after dark much. Now Mobile news has murders every night on the news, I thought we were pretty lucky here? Guess I was wrong, will have to be more careful and pay more attention.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I must lead a charmed life, I don't notice or hear about a lot of what I would say violent crimes, but I am not out after dark much. Now Mobile news has murders every night on the news, I thought we were pretty lucky here? Guess I was wrong, will have to be more careful and pay more attention.
    I think it really depends on where you are and when and where you go.
    I think in general, East of 12th and South of Airport, you're generally pretty safe. JMO

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I generally stay in the Ensley / Beulah / 9 mile area, and mostly daylight or early morning pre dawn. Now I see lots of what I will call crackheads (I call them all crackheads) and suffer some theft, 1 or 2 armed (poorly armed & failed) robberies but they are few and far between (knock on wood). I would area has alot to do with it, and mostly drug related.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's one of the reasons I moved to Beulahland. There's an occasional problem but nothing compared to other parts of town. Being in the neighborhood watch and schmoozing some I've gotten to know a lot of people out here, especially my neighbors immediately around me. We've all got each other's numbers and also keep eyes on the properties. The Tom Thumb at the main intersection is probably one of the safest around and I've seen the community in action there when someone tried something stupid.

Certainly parts of Pensacola suck. Doubt its much worse than most medium to large cities though.I'm not gonna go drive through the various hoods in the daytime much less after dark. Nit gonna go stupid places where stupid people hang out doing stupid things.

Top Bottom