• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i did not see panic buying BUT there was a run on ammo in gulf breeze yesterday 223 and 22s are GONE the girl said it started fri night

i did pick up a nice xd45 WITH 4 MAGE AND EXTRA CASE for cheep and a SPICIAL EDITION P89 RUGER

I beleive that was the same XD I was looking at. For the price I almost got it but then realized it still was almost as much as me going and buying another Glock new so I held off.

XD45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I GOT ONE GLOCK AND IM GOOD (see screen name )

all other xd out yesterday ran from $450-525 no extra anything.....

now my xd45 mag count is way up there -------- just how many mags does a person need , im thinking just one more

GlockGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I GOT ONE GLOCK AND IM GOOD (see screen name )

all other xd out yesterday ran from $450-525 no extra anything.....

now my xd45 mag count is way up there -------- just how many mags does a person need , im thinking just one more

You can never have too many mags. Yeah it was a nice peice for some reason I just have a hard time pressing the mag release on Xd's w/o adjusting my grip.

scoob

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i did find an extended mag release no buffer though, also got a nice ghurka and a couple of bipods as well as a 2qt canteen cover i been lookin for too. good price on the cover 5 buks for it and the strap too! woohoo! very nice ghurka though, been wanting one of them too.:madgrin: p.s. im a cheap date lol

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The militaria was a little slower than other years. I was looking for a M7 bayonet. It was more of a gun show this year (which is the way it should be).

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went both days and basically it was the same thing as every year, but prices were way up especially on ammo. Obama is working hard for our gun dealers… got everybody scared. I got there at 9:15 am on Saturday and there was already a steady stream of people coming out carrying military ammo cans of 5.56 and 7.62 to their vehicles. Some went back inside, and some left with ammo being their only purchase.

One difference this year though, was the number of people buying guns on the spot. I saw as many as 20-30 people at a time sitting and filling out the paperwork, whereas you normally only see 4 or 5, and this went on all morning. The only thing I bought Saturday was a custom Kydex holster from Dead Eye Luke. I, like others, had several hundred dollars and a credit card in my pocket, but proud of myself for only spending $35.00.

On Sunday I broke the number one rule of gun shows...never, ever go back the next day! However, I was able to trade something I no longer needed, which was an NIB Advantage Arms Glock .22 Conversion Kit, and got a pretty good deal on something I wanted, which was a Ruger SR-22R Rifle. Since FreeZimmerman sold the one he had while I was thinking about it, I went back and bought the new one I looked at from Ranger Firearms. FreeZimmerman, thanks for your recommendation and you're right, that thing is build solid as a rock! I also picked up some more .40, 9mm, and .22 ammo from Georgia Arms which was not a deal, but fair and available on the spot with no shipping charges. By the time I left, which was about 3:30 pm, they were just about sold out of all of the popular stuff.

Flyandscuba, if you were hanging around Dead Eye Luke's (Mark) table, I probably talked to you. I was there again on Sunday about 1 pm and was telling him about using denim material to polish the edges of Kydex after he cuts it.

Top Bottom