Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    That is exactly what I wanted to know.
    Thank you for attending and passing all this info along to us. --- SAWMAN

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    This is nice to hear but mostly disheartening. Nice that's someone's trying to fight but disheartening when it sounds like he's throwing rocks at tanks. Thanks for the info.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is nice to hear but mostly disheartening. Nice that's someone's trying to fight but disheartening when it sounds like he's throwing rocks at tanks. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, that’s how I felt about it. He seemed like a straight talker and basically said he (and the few who think like him) are greatly outnumbered. It was telling (to me) when he described it as not even being R vs D anymore at all, but Reformers vs Institutionalists, and that the Reformers are so heavily outnumbered, that they can’t get anything done at all.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for all the info JBryan.

I've been undecided on Gaetz's level of conviction for quite some time, and I do get that he is one person in a swamp of corruption/greed. It's likely no one here can truly answer this question, but I welcome the opinions of pro-firearms/freedom folks. Caveat: Not looking for, all the third-party-can't-win, it'll-never-happen, gotta-vote-for-who-can-win, a-vote-that's-not-for-a-republican-is-a-vote-for-the-democrats stuff. Here goes:

Is Gaetz truly about what he says to the point where if we really don't have a party in DC, would he ever break from the two-party system run for president, or would he not risk what he has?

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The main advantage that liberals have over conservatives is the fact that will present a united front . Conservatives on the other hand can’t seem to agree on who to back. Unless we can become more focused on a common goal I’m afraid we are doomed to fail.

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks for the info guys. I had pretty much given up following the guy. I'll start following him again. It is sad to hear that we are pretty much powerless.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Gaetz's emails, and what he apparently expounded on at the townhall, indicate that D.C. is worse than I thought. It seems like to have any real influence in Congress, you have to have seniority, and to have seniority takes multiple re-elections. Multiple re-elections means money for campaigns, which means feeding your lobbyists with pork-barrel spending and favors, all while trying to stay above water enough to maintain an "electable image" for your voter pool.

What a crock of shit.

I vote for a candidate to represent my ideals. Go to the meetings, discuss with other elected officials, sponsor bills, debate, etc, along MY ideals (which are what's best for the Country, etc, not a damn social handout program).

So, I don't know what Gaetz specifically thinks, but based on his comments, I doubt he thinks he has enough resources to realistically win as a 3rd party candidate. He doesn't have the nationwide voter-pool, or the seniority support in DC, or the financial coffers.

I never thought of these aspects to the D.C. problem so clearly before. Eye opening. And very disappointing.

An elected official who could actually affect positive change for this Country, despite that kind of jacked-up system, and in the face of the inevitable backlash attacks, would require a rare set of circumstances: large financial resources, relatively immediate seniority on Day 1 (which would require a win as POTUS), Nationwide support to win that kind of election, the personal tenacity to deal with the inevitable landmine interactions with the established crooks in DC, and a steadfast determination to do what is right for the Country.

If he can stay the course, and focus on what is best for the Nation, President Trump could be one of the best surprises this Country ever got.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    What could President Trump REALLY accomplish if he was not,and is not,fought tooth and nail,by the Dems AND Repubs,every day of his Presidency ??? ---- SAWMAN

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What could President Trump REALLY accomplish if he was not,and is not,fought tooth and nail,by the Dems AND Repubs,every day of his Presidency ??? ---- SAWMAN

That's the resentment from those already "in-power" with the seniority that Gaetz described.

You see their true colors every time they spew more hate and "resistance" speech.
    Trump surprised the shit outta them by winning, and they are pissed.

2020 will be a very important election. If the Dems win, it would be the equivalent of a physically abusive person, who just got super angry, waiting until they got home to unleash on their victim.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for all the info JBryan.

I've been undecided on Gaetz's level of conviction for quite some time, and I do get that he is one person in a swamp of corruption/greed. It's likely no one here can truly answer this question, but I welcome the opinions of pro-firearms/freedom folks. Caveat: Not looking for, all the third-party-can't-win, it'll-never-happen, gotta-vote-for-who-can-win, a-vote-that's-not-for-a-republican-is-a-vote-for-the-democrats stuff. Here goes:

Is Gaetz truly about what he says to the point where if we really don't have a party in DC, would he ever break from the two-party system run for president, or would he not risk what he has?

Running for President is an entirely different animal. With that said, if he ever got into a position to run for President, I’m sure he would do so as a Republican. But it already sounds like he’s got no friends in DC. He’s already said that. I know Trump didn’t have a ton of friends either, but for better or worse, Gaetz is not Trump. He’s very supportive of him, but he’s not him.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Who knows? We never will. Even if Trump is only 60% Conservative, he’s still more Conservative than the general Republican Party. So they’re not going to back him on anything.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's the resentment from those already "in-power" with the seniority that Gaetz described.

You see their true colors every time they spew more hate and "resistance" speech.
    Trump surprised the shit outta them by winning, and they are pissed.

2020 will be a very important election. If the Dems win, it would be the equivalent of a physically abusive person, who just got super angry, waiting until they got home to unleash on their victim.

They will attempt to kill us. And there will be a lot of us who will lie down and let them. In fact, it’ll be most of our side that lets them do as they please. Plenty of our people from this area will not even notice until the bullet is passing through their head.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Running for President is an entirely different animal. With that said, if he ever got into a position to run for President, I’m sure he would do so as a Republican. But it already sounds like he’s got no friends in DC. He’s already said that. I know Trump didn’t have a ton of friends either, but for better or worse, Gaetz is not Trump. He’s very supportive of him, but he’s not him.

Thanks for that. Kinda confirms some if my suspicions, but what are ya gonna do. He's young, can't fight the establishment, and will probably be there for quite some time. Jeff Miller 2.0

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for that. Kinda confirms some if my suspicions, but what are ya gonna do. He's young, can't fight the establishment, and will probably be there for quite some time. Jeff Miller 2.0

Gaetz seems intent on running one more time, spending that term pushing term limits, and then leaving when that term is over.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gaetz seems intent on running one more time, spending that term pushing term limits, and then leaving when that term is over.

Hmm, that's a bit telling for a young buck just starting out, but then, he lives it every day. On the bright side, there's no one more free to act than someone who is convinced they have nothing to lose.

Last edited:

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hmm, that's a bit telling for a young buck just starting out, but hen, he lives it every day. On the bright side, there's no one more free to act than someone who is convinced they have nothing to lose.

I don’t quite understand what you mean.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don’t quite understand what you mean.

He hasn't been there very long, so if he's already planning his exit, he's probably got some good reasons. Wonder what those are? If he's truly leaving, he is now freed from worrying about his current career, and can afford to take risk and hurt feelings. Better?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

we will never know..

I knew it would be like this when trump won...if trump found the cure for cancer, they would block its release and tell everyone trump was killing the doctor industry..

a liberal progressive democrat is one of the most useless things I know of..
    they would argue with a road sign and take the wrong way home..

Top Bottom