0   0   0
    He was a funny man! crazy but funny.

P.S. Frank you killin my buzz.

Last edited:

Just Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All this kinda reminds me of what was attributed to a quote from Richard Prior. Supposidly he said at a live concert in his later years. "Hell,some people say that I am addicted to smokin' crack. Shit man,I been smokin' crack a couple times a day for the last 20 years,and I ain't addicted yet."

I don't smoke. --- SAWMAN

He was talking about snorting coke. I had the album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avtech850

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I dont smoke, but I do dip snuff. Too bad there isnt a cheap way to "roll your own copehagen". Somebody else mentioned growing your own, but honestly it isnt a very easy thing too do. Not so much because of the actual growing of the plant more so the drying and curing. I come from a long line of farmer, we dont grow any tobacco on our place, but I have cousins up in North carolina that do. Ive helped hang tobacco before in their barns. If you dont constantly monitor it in the drying barn its very easy to ruin. Not to mention the sorcerer level skills you need to have to be able to grade it and determine were in the loft and how long it needs to be there.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    avtech, that is what I determined after looking into growing it...it take a pro. You can have some of my tobacco to try and age and flavor though, never know after reading up on it.

avtech850

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you Frank, that's very kind of you too offer! But after trying it years ago I figured out real fast that all I was good for when it came to growing tobacco was chopping it and carrying it too the people that really knew what they were doing!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well mine is chopped and natural, no additives so I thought you could take some and try making your own snuff. there are lots of videos and recipes on the net.

avtech850

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh! I never thought about it that way! Thank you I'll have too look into that very soon!

helicopterfixer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well Frank, I read this whole thread and I'm a happy I did. I am an unapologetic smoker as well, fuck all who don't like it and all that. I tried the tubes with some Tin Star tobacco. I sadly purchased one of the cheap plastic tube filler machines. When I got home, I made a carton of completely unsmokeable, loose, burn in 3 drags, cigarettes. I was crestfallen. I asked the man at the cigarette store, "Bubba", if the expensive metal machine rolled them any better, tighter... "Not really" was his reply. That was the end of my self rolling experience.
    I have purchased extra tobacco and regular rolling papers to use in a temporary outage, grid down, hurricane, whatever. Emergency smokes.
    Now I read your post and feel the need to try the machine you originally recommended, the Tops. Thanks for the inspiration!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Great meeting you, I did note we looked pretty darned healthy even if we do smoke and are still alive and maybe in better shape than some who disagree w the smoking..

I have gone back to the manual roller from the Electric one I bought due to the tighter packing, but do like the electric as it is easier.

Good luck and congrats on the new chicken house and chickens!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have 5 cartons of little filtered cigars, 100's that I bought to try and did not like the flavor. I will give them away to anyone that likes them. They are all marked Vanilla I have a pack open of each for you to try before taking and would prefer only 1 or 2 cartons to each person.

They are 2 miles west of Hurlbert Field just off 98 at the Parrish Point cut off and a McDonalds and Tom Thumb are at the light on the corner.

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FrankT.......Firstly, thanks for all your work and effort to get this out to us smokers..Yes I would like to quit...just too much going on to add another stresser to my world at this point.....

What brand/type cigs did you smoke before you went to this system...I smoke Marlboro Gold 72's....what I can't find out is if that is a Regular/full flavor tobacco or a light/ultra light tobacco ? Just don't want to order pounds of the wrong stuff.

And on by the way....I drove right by where you live this past weekend.....Wished I had known about all this then...

Thanks
    J. Michael

I am still paying $7.25 or less for a carton of cigs, cheaper, better for you and easy to do, ask if you have any questions

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mr. Football, I smoked Winston or Marlboro lights/'ultralights in the end, a cigar once a day.

The 72's I don't know what they are either, I mix the light and ultra light tobacco now, If I smoked something besides ultra lights I would start w the Light or Blue OHM tobacco.

Here is the deal, this tobacco does not have additives added, no nicotine added, no chemicals at all and not glue in the papers like commercial cigs all do. It is pure tobacco leaves cut for cigs and the paper had no glue, the taste is smoother and less nicotine than you are used to and so you might want to step up in flavor/strength the first batch. Only buy a pound or 8oz of each and try them out your first order.

Stop by and smoke a couple of mine anytime. PM me your # and I will txt you mine. These little cigars are $8-11 a carton, so to keep from rolling so much I use them for a break inbetween.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    FYI...LOOKS like the FDA is coming after E-Cigs, and will put most out of business, in this is the tobacco we RYO people use to make cigs and it is recommended by them to go up 400-500%. Things could stall if Congress gets involved or the E-Cig people sue and this may or may not stall the taxes too. Just be aware because the tobacco will run out even before the date for the tax to be implemented. I keep a year of tobacco at all times in reserve but am buying more now just in case. I pay $7.15 a carton now and don't look forward to maybe paying $35 or more if they get the increase even though retail cigs are going for $50+ now.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/05/health/fda-e-cigarettes-regulation/index.html

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frank,I missed it where that story or the anouncment by the FDA said they want to raise the the price by 400 t0 500%

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    More regulation. Shocker. The vapor actually helps. I can attest to that. But the gvmt can't possibly let the free market do something good without getting involved. Will probably put my friend out of business. He makes most of his money selling his own juice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    OK guys, I have a couple spare machines, some tobacco and tubes to start you off with and will sell or trade for less than it would cost you to get started.. Comes with a class and knowledge to get you started saving $$ easy peasey

A carton of Cigs, yes 200 costs me $7.15 and an hour or so labor to roll

Top Bottom