• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Hateforged

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a 6 y/o 110 lb male pit bull intact, he's great with his people but does not respond well to aggressive actions from other dogs.

Must have experience with large breed dogs, must be the only male, if you have females they must be non aggressive towards other dogs for him to be compatible. No cats. But doesnt chase my chickens or the neighbors livestock.

He has storm anxiety he will pant and drool and want to be close to you, he is afraid of fireworks and guns also.

Comes with UKC papers that havent been sent in.

Long story short, I got him from a family friend who was intimidated by his size. But my male of similar age whos been fixed keeps goin after him, and he keeps goin after one of my cats who is scared of dogs. So if you want a beastly dog, as an onlyish dog, have the time etc He would be an awesome dog for you.

Caught up on shots (except the kennel cough one, as I don't take him to dog parks or kennels)

I'd just like to see him go to a loving home. If you have any questions feel free

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I hope you're able to find a good home for him. Maybe reach out to the local pit rescue

Reactions: FLT

Hateforged

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope you're able to find a good home for him. Maybe reach out to the local pit rescue
    I don't mean to sound ignorant but do you have a name for the local rescue, it's certainly something I'm willing to look into.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I don't mean to sound ignorant but do you have a name for the local rescue, it's certainly something I'm willing to look into.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

An excerpt below from a post I made in December... info should still be applicable now. (Forgive the formatting; this new forum doesn't work well from a phone sometimes)
    Best of luck finding him a good home.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    For what it's worth, whomever gets him needs to be open to positive-reinforcement training with him. Negative reinforcement won't end well over time, especially with such a large dog.

The rescues will probably want him neutered, too. They may need your help to facilitate that and his recovery before finding a new home or foster. It would help with lowering his drive to "wander" if females in heat were nearby. And he probably doesn't need to goto a breeder, anyway. Plenty of pits who need homes; no need to make more.

He seems like a good dog with some standard anxiety quirks. Hopefully he finds the right home.

Thanks for trying to help him.

Hateforged

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    True
    25004ba096cb88de8246f3495eb28289.jpg

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom