• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey guys thinking of trying a more traditional scope on my Ar. I use it just for plinking/target practice right now.

I have a eoteck and magnifier and it works pretty dag good. It is fun to shoot and good to around 100 yards for accurate shooting. Anything much farther and my eyes have a hard time with a fuzzy dot & low magnification.

It seems since I am not using it for storming buildings or even self defense that a traditional scope might work just as well for my needs and allow me to do some more precision shooting even at much longer distances.

Any of you tried any of the above scopes if so what is your opinion of them? Would you buy it again or try a different one.

Thanks Joe

Last edited:

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have the m-223 3x12x42. It is a great mid price glass. Once you have it zeroed, its good at any distance. I got it and the mount on ebay for under $400 001 (2).jpg

Attachments

• 001 (2).jpg
      001 (2).jpg
      257.9 KB · Views: 410

b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I use a Trijicon TR24 (1x-4x), granted I don't do real long distance shooting, but I love it for what I need it for.

It's on the standalone upper towards the top

zxo9du.jpg

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks guys I would love to have a different upper with a scope on it & keep the Eotech but with my finances I may have to sell the magnifier & just buy a scope around $500 and a Larue Removable mount (expensive). At least then I could play with both.

Seems the Nikon with 3 to 12 would be pretty versatile if I keep the red dot & sell the magnifier. Who knows I may just buy the cheaper p-223 and larue mount and keep the eotech & magnifier. LOL

Decision Decision?

midway

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i use mark ar 1.5x4
    burris pepr one piece mount,works well for me

skipper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just recieved my Millett 1x4 Red Dot scope today. I am very impressed with good clear glass and 30mm tube. It has a illuminated 1moa dot inside of a circle with 3/4 posts. Also can be used on 1 power with both eyes open. Worth a look, best price is $ 180 at Primary Arms online.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have the M223 1-4x and the M223 2-8x. 2 deer with the 1-4x and 3 with the 2-8x. Both work well and hold their zero. Nice, clear imaging. I like the 2-8x on the AR over the 3-9x or larger due to is size...just looks better to my eyes on the AR.

Top Bottom