• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In general, people I've dealt with on here and on PFF have been square. I can see where anti-gun trolls would say, "I'll take it"... then jack the owner around for a few days, then cut out and quit answering PMs or emails. It makes me wonder if that could have been the case. In any event, (sale, buy, trade) a person who agrees to buy something should first give the seller his or her phone number. If they refused to give that info, I'd cancel the deal then and there.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The first forum I ever joined was the PFF I was a lurker for awhile before I joined after joining the PFF it seemed like everything I posted got attacked by the mods it really turned me off to forums. The mods on the PFF were on a power trip and it didn't take me long to figure it out finally I messaged the mods a couple of times to ask reasonable questions and I always got SMART ASSED responses from them to the point that finally got fed up and told what I thought about them and quit posting and even looking on their web site after being a member for only 2-3 weeks. So then I hear about the GCGF and I will admit I was hesistant about joining after my PFF experience, but I joined and right away I had to ask a mod a question and it was Masterchief and what a difference from the PFF, Mastercheif was very helpful got me fixed up in an extremely nice manner unlike the PFF so at that point I said to myself this is gonna be ok. Now look at my number of post and no troubles unlike the PFF. I am a happy member and I am glad we are not going down the road of more rules because all more rules will do is push people away like the PFF did just look at the number of people that left the PFF and is on here now. Case Closed!

84flyer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As a "newbie" to this forum, and a long time member of other forums, I can see both sides of the coin. Why anyone would want to restrict the pool of people that are able to buy/sell based on just post count is beyond me. I mean, if you have a problem with buying/selling to someone you are not familiar with then DON"T. That is your personal choice that should not be forced on others. I am more of a "give the benefit of a doubt until you give me reason to not do business" type of guy, but then again I am young and dumb. Although I am new here I have bought Ammo/Parts from several different people, and it was a pleasure doing business with each one of them. Despite my low post count they trusted that I would be at said place, at said time, with said funds. (One of these deals was just from a PM. Yup... I missed out on a beloved post count on that one :eek:hwell:)

BTW, my buddy bought a rifle from a well known, high post count, and I am pretty sure one of the founding members of this forum. Ten days later he is still waiting on a part that was missing when payment was made and the rifle (in part) was picked up. Despite the lapse of time, I have faith that this will be taken care of. He seemed like a good guy, and I just like to have a little faith in a fellow gun enthusiast.

JM2C

adrenaline

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree 100% with 84flyer. These forums are not video games, your post count is not a score and in no way validates a user. Phone numbers and personal communication is key to doing any type of business PERIOD. Yes, you will still have people screw you around from time to time but that's life. I have been on PFF for a few years and through that short time I have seen it go downhill at light speed. This forum has so much potential and is just as fun and informative as it's competitors. Lets keep it that way and not overload new users with tons of rules and constant policing. Possibly a feedback system would help clear some of this up. A few of my reef tank forums have this option and it works very well. Just my .02. Great site!!!

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BTW, my buddy bought a rifle from a well known, high post count, and I am pretty sure one of the founding members of this forum. Ten days later he is still waiting on a part that was missing when payment was made and the rifle (in part) was picked up. Despite the lapse of time, I have faith that this will be taken care of. He seemed like a good guy, and I just like to have a little faith in a fellow gun enthusiast.

JM2C

The rifle was not sold by MasterChief or Myself (we are the owners), but I do have the charging handle here to make the deal good on his behalf. Just FYI :smile:

I apologize for the delay (on his behalf), and can only say that we have all encountered situations that have taken us back a little. I just learned of it today and PM'd your friend my phone #.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know nothing about the above deal but I have been trying to get with another forum member for 3 weeks on a barrel. Getting called out of town for work for a week, I get back an my truck battery is DOA, my mom got sick and I had to take her to the doctor Friday and Monday, monsoons, and a couple of other minor things we never plan on but have to take care of can surely interrupt the things we want to take care of. Of course, I have kept him informed of the situation and we are good. I'm glad I did not have any Mardi Gras plans.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    lists and more lists, you all sound like some people who want lists.......like of who owns what gun .... I don`t post much, because i enjoy reading what you have to say. ( some times twice a day )

add that to my post list. can i please purchase a gun now?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well I guess it will be self vetting, so hope no one gets their panties in a wad, better have an established member ready to vouch for you. I know for one I will not be wasting much time if I smell a rat or see delay tactics.

84flyer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The rifle was not sold by MasterChief or Myself (we are the owners), but I do have the charging handle here to make the deal good on his behalf. Just FYI :smile:

I apologize for the delay (on his behalf), and can only say that we have all encountered situations that have taken us back a little. I just learned of it today and PM'd your friend my phone #.

I hope my quote was not misleading. I did not intend to point the finger at any individuals or groups, but was instead making the point that things can happen to people weather someone has been here since day one, or if they have only been here one day. Many of us have encountered things in life that set us back a bit. That is why I like to give people the benefit, and I believe communication is key during these times. Hopefully things get back to normal for the seller soon, as he seems like a stand up guy!

BTW, great forum! I hope to be more of a contributing member soon. I have actually went to post a few good deals I have found, and local ammo availability, but have always been beaten to the punch. You guys are fast!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    As a side "note"...I found out this past weekend that Stanley is a pretty nice guy. IMAGINE THAT !!! His rep is shot. I'll let my "close friends" over at PFF know so they will allow him back over with a wet sloppy kiss.

STAN.....you dog you !! --- SAWMAN

NCTransplant

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really enjoy this forum. I have met some great guys through PFF and GCGF. Matt, Ian, Frank, Derek. All great guys to deal with. My goal on this forum is to be a contributing member and help like minded individuals accomplish what they want. I always share ALL info I have, I dont believe in hiding fishing spots or buying all the ammo in a store. Thank you for having me.

Milesvdustin

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    See he has people that know him around here. I know zero people around here as I'm military and don't really have roots anywhere for long. My post count and contributions to the discussion forum is my only way of proving I'm here for more than just sales. Actually, I have yet to buy or sell anything here....... Hopefully I can make a deal soon and get good feedback in that section.

snakeplt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hmmm. This really doesn't make any sense at all. I peruse many of the sub-forums but don't have much to post. Why miss out on good gun deals by instituting such a draconian rule ? I have placed an ad for 2 mauser pistols also but you can't lump me in with someone who might of been a con man AND also new to the forums, just because my post count is low. Well I guess you COULD but that would be like banning all hi cap magazines because someone shot up a school or something ! :/

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Snake you sound like obama there...Hardly draconian, it is like working for a job and getting paid or being on welfare, the ability to buy and sell without the work of participation!

Dragonfire21281

Training Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ok tis is starting to sound like uninformed voting america.... We want government help.....ohh wait we want them out of our buisness... what we are doing with the thread about purchases and meets is enough..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom