• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seems like it is happening more and more. these "Newbies' are getting on our forum just to move guns and aren't above some disreputable trade practices. I have had 3 people in the last couple of months confirm a transaction and then just dont hear anything again.All 3 times they were people with less than 20 post . or all of a sudden they went with someone else for whatever reason.said the price was a misquote or some other bullcrap.There should either be a minimum post number, be a member for a couple of months , or at least be given a "thumbs up" by a current member in good standing. I saw some guy did it again to a member just the other day.Had a deal( supposedly)and then posted the same gun for more $$ in the FGT. My reputation is important to me and if anybody has a problem with a transaction I want to hear about it. I do realize there are 2 sides to every story but I see a pattern here.

T

tinman

I think there should be a post count on the For Sale section as well. Hating the hit and run advertisers.

Fraid I think the buyer beware section is a waste of time because anyone listed will simply take a new account and get round that in no time.

Robbie2883

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    welcome to the internet? i couldn't agree more, but dealing with lowlifes is just part of our wonderful world wide web.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I figure this ain't no country club so you just have to take the good with the bad. I wouldn't want to see a post limit to sale. If I remember correctly, this place was started up in response to oppressive moderation and rules on another site. A straight up dude may have something great to sale or trade and everyone misses out because he hasn't made a handful of post dogging Obama and the liberal commie gun grabbers. If you got something to sale, but don't like to comment I say fine, tell everyone what you got and what you want for it. I've had a few shady offers on things, but don't let it get under my skin.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It seems alot of people are here just to buy & sell. So limiting FNG would work against them.

I am defiantly out of the loop on information about this sites origins but seems that is what they wanted was a place to buy & sell. I am probably wrong if so please correct me.

I hope with time the number or threads about guns, scopes, & tactics will increase. I do not buy & sell much but I love to learn as much as I can about what ever my current obsession is. Right now it is Shooting & guns two years ago was building fishing rods, next year it will most likely be something else.

Seems the threads that get most of the attention are for sales, Gun ban info, or conspiracy theories etc.. LOL I have learned a lot as well.

Last edited:

zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I know I don't have a high post count but I'd like to put my 2 cents in. The hit and run sellers don't bother me so much because they might have something cool to sell but don't want to participate on the forum. I'd rather them sell it here where we all have a chance at it rather than the thrifty nickel or something that most of us never read. My advice would be to just be real cautious when dealing with new people.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I have a list of four people who have proven to be either "jerks" by their post, or who have backed out of sales after committing to a sale. All four are fairly new to the forum. I will never buy from them, nor sell to them. By their post they are known. Vetting would be a good thing I think.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It is a way to get the noobs to participate, maybe stay and contribute. The min post to buy & sell is not punishment it is to make the forum stronger. If you don't do that then you have 1500 members, 750 are hit and runs and 50 people post regularly...

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been on several other gun and survivalist sites for years and they all require a post count to advertise,,,,just sayin'

feef706

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh come on we're not all so bad! I can certainly understand where this is coming from with posts I have seen in my short time on here.

Austin01WS6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    No matter what the outcome it is going to suck either way. If a post count is required we might miss some good deals and possibly good members. On the other hand, we don't have a post requirement we get everyone who wants to sell a gun and use the board like craigslist. Also, only letting people post in the for sale section who know other members I believe is a no go either. I know when I joined board like many others did not know anyone when I first signed up. Just my .02.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    O.K., I got it.....3 Obama bash posts, 2 anti-liberal posts... then your in?

LOL

Plus a conspiracy theory about the end of the world as we know it & how the government is responsible for it's design.

Membership here should come with a free tin foil hat. :rain: LOL

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom