• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bkitzel250

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Number of posts doesn't bother me but a feedback system like ar15.com would be nice. If someone has a shady deal then the mod can contact that person and if true he can adjust his feedback percentage. The number of pointless posts someone makes won't stop them from screwing someone over on a deal, but as long as everyone knows what that person did we can prevent it from happening. Just my 2 cents

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I noticed xd-talk.com has a post limit system like other forums I geuss. Although I agree with the conspiracy theorist and anti-liberal and Osama-bama speech thing too. And I would also like a tin foil hat, mine apparently stopped working.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just my 2 cents it's up to the seller to vett the buyer you're dealing with the public so there is always an a-hole here and there it's just part of it. As for adding rules I don't think that needs to be done because then we will turn into the PFF and we DON'T want that! Keep it the same and if you have a bad deal with someone post your feedback on the buyer/seller.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    There is a big difference between PFF and responsible gun sites that have reasonable rules. I understand the bosses having problems w rules since coming from PFF. I think they will eventually get there after awhile, this is a work in progress and I congratulate them for trying their best!

beaux

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As a forum newb who sells stuff from time to time . I think Its bogus...If I tell you Im going to do something, I do just that...

wolfehollow

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive made at least 5 extremely smooth transactions and neither I nor the sellers have posted any feedback about our experiences. Its much easier to complain than to praise.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive made at least 5 extremely smooth transactions and neither I nor the sellers have posted any feedback about our experiences. Its much easier to complain than to praise.

The system we have in place now, works both ways. For the buyers and the sellers. Good transactions and bad, everyone should post there experience that way we know who we're dealing with during purchasing or selling.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I like the idea of a minimum post count but then like others have stated I like the fact someone with a good deal might post here before putting it in the paper or thrifty nickel which I hardly ever read. I say we keep it the way it is and everyone just has to make sure they know the risk when dealing with somebody that has a low post count.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I would say that I agree with zombieh8r in his post #11. If it is mandatory to have a post count in order to sell,what's next,a post count in order to be able to buy ??

I have been treated well by waaaaaaay more than not. I know the people that I have traded to/sold to/bought from. I keep records of each transaction in a (sorta) spread sheet. That is my ready reference.

Let 'em come on and offer to sell/trade/buy on there first post. If you do not want to do business with them....then don't. We are all big boys here that should be able to look out for ourselves and not rely on Ian and Ben to take care of us. --- SAWMAN

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a list of four people who have proven to be either "jerks" by their post, or who have backed out of sales after committing to a sale. All four are fairly new to the forum. I will never buy from them, nor sell to them. By their post they are known. Vetting would be a good thing I think.
    Dang Fanner , I was just kidding! WOW

Richard J.

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have had two transactions on this forum from different people and both were good. I think that whatever you do you will still have people fly in an back out with there sale items. They will just comment to get the no. of posts needed. No easy solution. I love this forum. You guys do a fantastic job. Congrats.

RJ

Dwatts1984

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wasn't a fan of the post count on the PFF, however I later understood why it was in place. It helps to eliminate those people there just to move guns and take advantage of the forum. Im sure those people may hold firearms we want, however as some have found out they don't follow some of the same practices the other forum members do. I have had the pleasure of meeting quite a few members, and it was a pleasure to do business with them. A post count would be great in my mind.

sfiturbo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't post much, but been around since the inception of the board and enjoy keeping abreast of all the threads. Didn't care for PFF much because of all the "rules" and monarchy established there. IMO...keep it simple and let grown ups handle their business. If it goes bad or good, someone is gonna paste it somewhere on this board and it should police itself.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would say that I agree with zombieh8r in his post #11. If it is mandatory to have a post count in order to sell,what's next,a post count in order to be able to buy ??

I have been treated well by waaaaaaay more than not. I know the people that I have traded to/sold to/bought from. I keep records of each transaction in a (sorta) spread sheet. That is my ready reference.

Let 'em come on and offer to sell/trade/buy on there first post. If you do not want to do business with them....then don't. We are all big boys here that should be able to look out for ourselves and not rely on Ian and Ben to take care of us. --- SAWMAN

Agreed Sir.

I know I've posted this for, but we are in another thread about it so I will post again. My thought all along, has been to get members in front of as many deals as possible. Both schools of thought presented here have positive and negative attributes. I'd prefer to see more deals presented, than less, and deal with the negatives involved there than restrict posting. I respect and understand everyone's point of view on this subject, but at this time we are going to stick with what we have been doing.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Agreed Sir.

I know I've posted this for, but we are in another thread about it so I will post again. My thought all along, has been to get members in front of as many deals as possible. Both schools of thought presented here have positive and negative attributes. I'd prefer to see more deals presented, than less, and deal with the negatives involved there than restrict posting. I respect and understand everyone's point of view on this subject, but at this time we are going to stick with what we have been doing.

Sounds good to me, keep up the great work! I'm a member of a few forums but find I'm spending a lot more time here lately than at the others. Guess it's all part of that addiction I have.

Longbow14

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some how I don't remember if this was brought up but i'd reckon a majority of us are (former) PFF'rs. most of us have had experiences with each other on that site. I feel that the community could vouch for most members, if we get a few Sh!t bags than we do, i'm happy with the way the forum runs.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Some how I don't remember if this was brought up but i'd reckon a majority of us are (former) PFF'rs. most of us have had experiences with each other on that site. I feel that the community could vouch for most members, if we get a few Sh!t bags than we do, i'm happy with the way the forum runs.

Some guys from the PFF didn't come over with the same usernames. One can only wonder the reason for that but hopefully it wasn't because they had a bad reputation over there. Sounds like most on here are pretty cool so if that did happen I think it's the minority.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
    Top Bottom