• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not sure how prevalent this is in the gun industry but when buying a "new" firearm what is your general perception of new (as in date of manufacture).. i.e. some guns get ordered and the original buyer backs out or the shop owner buys what he happens to like but it ends up not selling right away.. also there apparently is some turnover between shops where they will purchase new / old stock .. etc..

Anyways if you buy a firearm as new , would you expect to be informed if it was older than say 5 years , or perhaps more... if the original manufacturer stands behind it as new should you care..

rich

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    This is solely my opinion...

Just because it's unfired doesn't make it new. It depends on the firearm. Some models don't change much over time. If you have one that's 5 years old and one that was manufactured last month, if there aren't any differences in features or materials, I don't think it's wrong to call it new. I do know some firearms that are still the same model but have had extensive changes/mods over a 5 year period. In that case I would hope that the older one is advertised as old stock.

That's a tough stance to enforce and I think a lot of this falls on the buyer doing some research before pulling the trigger. SNs are a good way to check age, if you can get the info. Know what you're buying.

Top Bottom